Bimini Measurements - Where to Begin?

Kimber

May 2, 2015, 9:30:14 AM5/2/15
to all...@googlegroups.com
We need to have a bimini made for our 84 Allmand 35 Tri and aren't sure where to even begin.  If anyone could provide some insight it would be greatly appreciated.

New in Sailing :)
Kim
Allmand Joy #44

Jim Goepel

May 2, 2015, 10:04:11 AM5/2/15
to all...@googlegroups.com
Kim,
Are you doing it yourself or having someone do it? Where are you located?

I did a Bimini and dodger myself. It wasn't THAT hard, it just took time.  I have some pictures of the boat with everything on my blog site.  To be clear, I didn't make the frame, just the fabric.

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Allmand" group.

Bill Cornpropst

May 2, 2015, 10:35:37 AM5/2/15
to all...@googlegroups.com
Hi Kim,

If you intend to do it your self, Sailrite Kits is a good place to start. There is a lot of information and videos on their web site  www.sailrite.com

Otherwise, the easiest (but most expensive) would be a professional canvass shop.

Bill

Kimber

May 12, 2015, 10:22:40 PM5/12/15
to all...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the information Bill.

Kimber

May 12, 2015, 10:25:06 PM5/12/15
to all...@googlegroups.com
I think we'll want someone to do it for us, not enough time to figure it out on our own I'm afraid... although once I find out the cost we might be reconsidering and making the time!  We are in the Chicago area, near the WI border.

Sherry

May 13, 2015, 8:42:48 AM5/13/15
to all...@googlegroups.com, all...@googlegroups.com
Kimber,

There's a book called Canvas for Cruisers.  It has all you need plus dozens of other projects for boat.

The gal who wrote it is on "Women Who Sail" on facebook.  We are 5,000 women worldwide. Come join us!

Sherry Raintree
S/v Goldilocks
1984 Allmand 35