Deck Hardware Backing Plates

Sherry Raintree

Sep 28, 2015, 10:34:38 AM9/28/15
to all...@googlegroups.com
Hi All,

Does anyone know if backing plates were installed during manufacture inside the layers of fiberglass for deck hardware? I'm checking all hardware for stability and there are no visible backing plates on my 35'.

Thanks!

Sherry Raintree
S/V Goldilocks
1984 Allmand 35'

Sent from my iPad

Ehornick Hornick

Sep 28, 2015, 12:30:34 PM9/28/15
to all...@googlegroups.com

Hi Sherry,
From what I've seen in Travellers deck they switched from balsa core to some kind of plywood core in the winch mount areas.
I haven't seen any backing plates.
Thanks,
Eddie Hornick
Traveller
1984 35' Tri Cabin

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Allmand" group.

d.a.v.e

Sep 28, 2015, 3:32:33 PM9/28/15
to Allmand
Mine is a 80 and does not consistently have any kind of backing for hardware.

Sherry

Sep 29, 2015, 9:09:17 AM9/29/15
to all...@googlegroups.com, Allmand
Thanks All!