Re: [Allmand] Abridged summary of allmand@googlegroups.com - 1 update in 1 topic

Bill Taylor

Oct 15, 2017, 5:58:41 PM10/15/17
to all...@googlegroups.com

Hi Jim,

I just replaced my traveler last year on our 1981 Allmand 31.  Great success using Garhauer.  (909-985-9993) I talked with them, sent them a detailed drawing of hole size and placement of original traveler including distance from ends to first holes.  They sent me a new traveler with double end blocks, and a roller bearing car for total of $470 plus shipping.  I pulled off the old traveler, put the new one on (dry fit first) and it was PERFECT!  Not one thing needed to be adjusted!  The Garhauer model is MT-2-TP  (the specs that I gave them were - 58" long, 1/4 mounting holes (countersunk), 3.875" (3 7/8) spacing between holes.  1st hole 1.875" (1 7/8) from port and stbd.  Cam cleats at traveler caps not at car.  We love our new traveler!!!  They make very good products at a great value.  I also replaced my jib sheet track blocks and main sheet blocks and have been happy with all of them too.

Bill

Jim

Oct 16, 2017, 6:36:43 AM10/16/17
to all...@googlegroups.com
Bill,
Thanks for reply and great info. I'm going to check them out later today!
👍

Jim
Punta Gorda

Sent from my iPhone

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Allmand" group.

Jim

Oct 16, 2017, 6:26:50 PM10/16/17
to all...@googlegroups.com
Bill,
Garhauer's hardware looks pretty stout. Good reviews as well. I'll get a good measurement next time I'm at the boat. Most of my blocks and hardware is probably original and needs upgrading as well so this good timing to find this manufacturer.

Thanks again

Jim
Punta Gorda

Sent from my iPhone

Mike H

Jun 27, 2018, 1:10:41 PM6/27/18
to Allmand
Is your Allmand at Fishermans Village? I am at C12 this past Feb to Apr.next year feb thru mid apr.

Sam Scudder

Jun 27, 2018, 1:18:07 PM6/27/18
to all...@googlegroups.com
Test, is this Google Group still up?

Sam Scudder

Ehornick Hornick

Jun 27, 2018, 1:19:35 PM6/27/18
to Unknown
Loud and clear!
Eddie

Sam Scudder

Jun 27, 2018, 1:20:05 PM6/27/18
to all...@googlegroups.com
Thanks.

Sam Scudder

Jeff Neel

Jun 27, 2018, 1:21:29 PM6/27/18
to all...@googlegroups.com
Allmand is in KS at Tuttle Creek lake.

On Wed, Jun 27, 2018, 12:10 PM Mike H <mike...@gmail.com> wrote:
Is your Allmand at Fishermans Village? I am at C12 this past Feb to Apr.next year feb thru mid apr.

Jim

Jun 28, 2018, 4:12:30 PM6/28/18
to all...@googlegroups.com
Yep, I’m in C7.

Sent from my iPhone

Mike H

Jul 1, 2018, 10:54:34 AM7/1/18
to all...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Jim and all who replied. Jim your attachment did not come through but I know your C7 Allmand well. But never saw you there Feb and Mar

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Allmand" group.

Sent from Gmail Mobile

Mike H

Jul 1, 2018, 10:55:01 AM7/1/18
to all...@googlegroups.com
Amazing where Allmand show up. I am a Jayhawker Class of 70

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Allmand" group.

Jim

Jul 1, 2018, 3:30:34 PM7/1/18
to all...@googlegroups.com
Mike,
Sorry I missed you. I only get a chance to get down to my boat about once a month usually on weekends. Charoltte Harbor is a great place to sail. Cayo Costa overnights on the hook, etc. Please let me know if you’re coming by again soon.

Fair sailing.

Jim
Margie-Paul

Sent from my iPhone

Jeff Neel

Jul 1, 2018, 5:16:26 PM7/1/18
to all...@googlegroups.com
Pretty wild...you still in ks??

gas...@carvercomputerservices.com

Jul 7, 2018, 10:32:04 PM7/7/18
to Allmand
The AbacoMyst is my boat, a 35 tri cabin.  I keep it at Burnt Store.

We have enough Allmands for our own mini club.

Tom

Jim

Jul 8, 2018, 9:46:15 PM7/8/18
to all...@googlegroups.com
Tom,
There are two Allmand’s 31 at Fishermans Villiage mine  and one other.

Sent from my iPhone

Mike H

Jul 12, 2018, 5:11:11 PM7/12/18
to all...@googlegroups.com
We  had lunch at  Burnt  Store last March during our 2 mo stay at Fisherman's Village
 Yacht Basin. Yes, while they only made less than 300 I sure run into them just about everywhere. Fl  of course since they were built  in Hialeah I think. Maybe  we can rendezvous a few next Winter/Spring

Charles Morris

Jul 12, 2018, 5:11:39 PM7/12/18
to all...@googlegroups.com
I have an 1981 Allmand Sail 31. I have been on the St Johns river in Florida for several years. In May I started the great loop. Currently I am on the Delaware bay heading to NJ

James Goepel

Jul 12, 2018, 10:38:33 PM7/12/18
to all...@googlegroups.com
Where are you overnighting?  How long will you be in the N.J. area?  I am currently keeping my Allmand in Longport, NJ at Seaview Harbor.

Charles Morris

Jul 13, 2018, 12:33:15 PM7/13/18
to all...@googlegroups.com
I am at the Eagle Brower anchorage on the Metedeconk river south of the Point pleasant canal on the NJ ICW. Going to be here until Saturday wait for the winds to change so we can get to NY

sailor38

Jul 14, 2018, 8:19:28 AM7/14/18
to Allmand
We're doing the "Little Loop" in our 31 sail Mi Alma. Storing boat in Brewerton, NY for winter. This year we're on the Erie Canal. Next year we'll be heading to the Rideau Canal in Canada and then up the St Lawrence River to head for Lake Champlain and back to Waterford, NY where we started our "Loop". Currently exploring the Finger Lakes. Few take the time to come down here and see the great wineries, breweries, deep clear water and lots of sailboats plus lovely towns, great hiking and more. Boat handles surprisingly well without the mast on board.

Lipham

Jul 14, 2018, 11:35:27 AM7/14/18
to all...@googlegroups.com
Are you taking your mast with you?

Sent from my iPad

> On Jul 14, 2018, at 7:19 AM, sailor38 <avem...@earthlink.net> wrote:
>
> We're doing the "Little Loop" in our 31 sail Mi Alma. Storing boat in Brewerton, NY for winter. This year we're on the Erie Canal. Next year we'll be heading to the Rideau Canal in Canada and then up the St Lawrence River to head for Lake Champlain and back to Waterford, NY where we started our "Loop". Currently exploring the Finger Lakes. Few take the time to come down here and see the great wineries, breweries, deep clear water and lots of sailboats plus lovely towns, great hiking and more. Boat handles surprisingly well without the mast on board.

Tom Burkett

Jul 14, 2018, 1:31:57 PM7/14/18
to all...@googlegroups.com
Bill, Sounds like the two of you are having a great summer.  Enjoy the return to Florida.  Tom

On Sat, Jul 14, 2018 at 8:19 AM, sailor38 <avem...@earthlink.net> wrote:
We're doing the "Little Loop" in our 31 sail Mi Alma.  Storing boat in Brewerton, NY for winter.  This year we're on the Erie Canal.  Next year we'll be heading to the Rideau Canal in Canada and then up the St Lawrence River to head for Lake Champlain and back to Waterford, NY where we started our "Loop".  Currently exploring the Finger Lakes.  Few take the time to come down here and see the great wineries, breweries, deep clear water and lots of sailboats plus lovely towns, great hiking and more.  Boat handles surprisingly well without the mast on board.

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Allmand" group.

Charlie

Jul 15, 2018, 3:51:19 PM7/15/18
to Allmand
Will you be in Lake Erie. If so stop the Presque Isle YC when you get here. Very friendly club with good facilities very near shopping and dining. Also transportation to the mall for sales tax free clothing buys, Canadians come down her by the bus load.

d.a.v.e

Jul 16, 2018, 8:24:01 PM7/16/18
to Allmand
I second the recommendation we were just there two weeks ago. Grab a free bike and go checkout the two lighthouses while your there! If a docks not your thing they have a nice anchorage as well!

sailor38

Jul 17, 2018, 9:12:58 AM7/17/18
to Allmand
No. We are storing our mast where we had it taken down in Catskill, NY.
Better not to carry it as it adds length and weight to boat. Also makes boat less stable.
We'll store our boat there next winter and restep mast there in the spring.

KEITH REYNOLDS

Jul 17, 2018, 10:05:15 AM7/17/18
to all...@googlegroups.com, sailor38

Bill,

Good to hear the progress you and Lilly are making on your Loop. Too bad I couldn't get my Allmand done in time to join you. Enclosing two pictures showing the new pedestal I built modeled after yours. It is still in the unfinished mode but being trial mounted. I think I will worry about the final sprayed gel coat covering over the winter. My higher priority is to get it launched in the next two weeks and try the new engine and electrical systems. Rig the following week. It's been just short of 20 years since the rig was last up. The naysayers who said the boat would never get in the water again will be eating their words.

Keith on Camelot

Moroso 18 & Allmand pedestal 012.JPG
Moroso 18 & Allmand pedestal 011.JPG

Thomas Gasser

Jul 24, 2018, 5:33:05 PM7/24/18
to all...@googlegroups.com
Jim,

Stopped by Fishermans village today.  Think I saw one of the two and left my card.  MAGGIE PAUL?

Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy S7 edge.
Loud and clear!
Eddie

On Oct 15, 2017, at 5:58 PM, Bill Taylor <avem...@earthlink.net> wrote:

[...]

Jim

Jul 25, 2018, 10:08:23 PM7/25/18
to all...@googlegroups.com
Hi Tom,
Yep mine is the Margie-Paul . Haven’t been down there for about a month. How did she look?

Sent from my iPhone

Mike H

Aug 25, 2018, 1:31:53 PM8/25/18
to Allmand
I had same question for many months then about June or July something changed and messages started to connect. Very appreciated

Sam Scudder

Aug 26, 2018, 7:11:53 AM8/26/18
to all...@googlegroups.com
That was my bad. Lee is the moderator/owner of the group. Several years ago he set me up as the back up moderator. For some unknown reason, some messages have to be approved before they will post to the group. One of the moderators have to approve. I did not realize that I was supposed to be approving them. Now I am. Sorry group.

Sam Scudder