Returning to TOR/patcher problems

Robert Athey

May 7, 2015, 11:18:47 AM5/7/15
to 66he...@googlegroups.com
So uh, this guy is coming back, for a little while, at least, to see what's up. Problem being, I've done a fresh OS install since I played last, and now the launcher is being all wonky. I've tried both patching old game files pulled off my old hard drive, and a fresh install from the installer on the site. Both have their share of issues, neither will actually patch my game. I've done all the things; flush DNS, open ports on my router, etc. etc.
What the heck dudes?

-Shep

Robert Froberg

May 7, 2015, 11:44:14 AM5/7/15
to 66he...@googlegroups.com
Shepard heard that we downed Temple of Sacrifice so now he wants to roll with us to grab some sweet tier gear for free

All jokes aside - good to have you back my friend!

Oz

Sent from my iPhone

Robert Athey

May 7, 2015, 11:47:18 AM5/7/15
to 66he...@googlegroups.com
Wait, that's not how it works? I show up and a pinata full of loot doesn't explode for all? My life is a lie!

Hopefully I'll get this launcher patching/game patching situation sorted out soon!

Robert Athey

May 7, 2015, 12:30:26 PM5/7/15
to 66he...@googlegroups.com
Welp, stumbled on a support link that fixed my launcher. Seems awfully buried to me, and I'm locked at ~500Kb/s, but I estimate I could be back sometime tonight, babies!

Christopher Morse

May 7, 2015, 12:49:00 PM5/7/15
to 66he...@googlegroups.com
If you have old disks, I'd try to install from those and then hit the launcher. If not, yeah. the support forums or actually calling them is probably your best bet.

Robert Athey

May 7, 2015, 12:50:05 PM5/7/15
to 66he...@googlegroups.com
It's actually working pretty well now. I uh...removed my physical media drives from my pc ages ago so my disks are useless :)

Christopher Morse

May 7, 2015, 12:56:00 PM5/7/15
to 66he...@googlegroups.com
Heh. Nice.
A guy at work here a few months ago brought his new work issued laptop over to me one day and said,
"Maybe I'm just missing it. Do you see a CD/DVD drive anywhere on this thing?"

At least they lasted much longer than ZIP drives...

Jonathan Bacon

May 7, 2015, 12:57:36 PM5/7/15
to 66heroes@googlegroups com
Oh man ZIP drives!

Robert Athey

May 7, 2015, 12:58:25 PM5/7/15
to 66he...@googlegroups.com
I still have one and a couple of disks with my art portfolio from high school :o

Kevin Manges

May 7, 2015, 1:30:33 PM5/7/15
to 66he...@googlegroups.com
You're message motivated me to patch btw :)
mine isn't patching either :/

Robert Athey

May 7, 2015, 1:32:28 PM5/7/15
to 66he...@googlegroups.com
Here's the support thread that helped me. I basically just went down the list, my particular problem was fixed by Section 2 (Launcher cannot patch itself).
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=419492

Robert Athey

May 7, 2015, 1:58:49 PM5/7/15
to 66he...@googlegroups.com
So, because I've not played since before the first xpac, can anyone give me a quick rundwon on what I need to get/do/whathaveyou?
ie. a returning player's quick-start guide :)

Christopher Morse

May 7, 2015, 2:00:41 PM5/7/15
to 66he...@googlegroups.com

Assuming you have not run Makeb, go to your ship and use the main holoterminal to start Makeb chain. After Makeb, use the new mission terminal on your ship to start the new stuff after Makeb.

Kevin Manges

May 7, 2015, 4:13:33 PM5/7/15
to 66he...@googlegroups.com
apparently none of these things works for me...le sigh. maybe its a sign.

Robert Froberg

May 7, 2015, 4:24:18 PM5/7/15
to 66he...@googlegroups.com
Don't give in to despair - that leads to the dark side

Oz

Sent from my iPhone

William McDougall

May 7, 2015, 4:27:08 PM5/7/15
to 66he...@googlegroups.com
Something something, jump on bandwagon... Patching now

Jonathan Bacon

May 7, 2015, 4:32:36 PM5/7/15
to 66heroes@googlegroups com
Oh snap!  Adara's back!  If I only had a computer to run the game.....and time....

Christopher Morse

May 7, 2015, 4:37:53 PM5/7/15
to 66he...@googlegroups.com

Get yourself a DeLorean, and make it sizzle.

Kevin Manges

May 8, 2015, 12:16:23 AM5/8/15
to 66he...@googlegroups.com

From me to ea. Patches on my inferior laptop not my desktop... Guess I'll transfer it once it's all done! At least my install is 8x faster than Robert's!