New Masi 650B Bikes at Interbike

Mitchell Gass

Sep 20, 2016, 10:53:19 PM9/20/16
to 650b
http://bicycletimesmag.com/whats-new-at-interbike-day-one/

Randonneur: 4130 butted CrMo, 650 X 47 WTB Horizon tires, tubeless compatible rims, 10 speed Shimano Tiagra drivetrain with brifters, steel fenders, triple bottle cages. $1300.

Giromondo touring bike: Available in an off-road version with 27.5 X 2.1 knobbies. 3 X 10 Shimano Deore gearing with Microshift bar-end shifters, and shifter bosses on the down tube. $1,200.

Justus Gunther

Sep 20, 2016, 11:17:58 PM9/20/16
to Mitchell Gass, 650b
Neat! Masi always comes out with interesting things I wonder if it's low trail.

William Lindsay

Sep 20, 2016, 11:57:39 PM9/20/16
to 650b
The Masi Randonneur looks like a really cool bike, but those are some of the lamest fenders I've ever seen in terms of coverage. It's cool they are color matched but don't ever actually use them in the rain.

Mike Schiller

Sep 21, 2016, 12:37:02 AM9/21/16
to 650b, mitch...@gassworks.com
my recollection is that the Masi Randonneur has a trail in the mid 50's so ...mid trail.  Their logic was that many people would ride it w/o a front rack/bag.

~mike
Carlsbad Ca

rcnute

Sep 21, 2016, 1:01:56 AM9/21/16
to 650b
I like the GiramondoFargo.

Ryan

mitch....@gmail.com

Sep 21, 2016, 11:04:31 PM9/21/16
to 650b
I like the now-retro 3x10

--Mitch (about to set up a new bike with half-step plus granny)

Nick Favicchio

Sep 23, 2016, 12:12:39 AM9/23/16
to 650b
I'm going to say something crazy.