FS Trek 400 Frame/Fork/HS/BB 22.5"

carll...@gmail.com

Mar 10, 2018, 1:01:29 AM3/10/18
to 650b
Selling a late '80s Trek 400 Frame, fork, HS, BB and seatpost as shown.  Good candidate for a 650b conversion.

This is not a low-trail frame--I measured it at 65mm.  Good potential for 42mm tires.  There's effectively zero clearance as shown in one photo but the stays haven't yet been crimped.

Offered to 650b group at $80.  I prefer a local buyer but will ship for actual costs.

thanks,

Carl
Seattle

Sukho Goff

Mar 10, 2018, 12:14:27 PM3/10/18
to 650b
Man, these old Treks are so nice, even the mid level frames. I've had a few of these and they ride so nice. Love the color too. Must. Resist.
Sukho in PDX

carll...@gmail.com

Mar 11, 2018, 11:04:38 PM3/11/18
to 650b
Price drop.  $40 to list members.  Let's find a good home for this.

Carl
Seattle

Sukho Goff

Mar 12, 2018, 9:18:05 PM3/12/18
to 650b
OMG You're killing me. Let me see if a friend is interested...I may even find an excuse to drive up there for the weekend with the family lol. Stay tuned.
Sukho in PDX

Max

Mar 12, 2018, 10:59:35 PM3/12/18
to 650b
Good deal here, folks. I bought a somewhat ratty Trek 400 frame for $150 and converted it to 650b and was very very happy with it. Mine is an ‘87, I believe, and could take 650x38 tires with clearance for SKS fenders. I am running 650x33 tires with fluted Honjo fenders and plenty of clearance and great road feel.

- Max in A2

Sukho Goff

Mar 13, 2018, 12:55:24 PM3/13/18
to 650b
I'm out.

It's too big for me, and my friend doesn't appreciate what a crazy deal this is for a 531 frame. If it was in PDX, I would buy it just on principle alone, and bring Carl a 6 pack just 'cuz.

Sukho in PDX.

carll...@gmail.com

Mar 13, 2018, 1:08:21 PM3/13/18
to 650b