Panaracer Gravleking 650B x 48mm

Mike Schiller

Apr 22, 2017, 4:59:04 PM4/22/17
to 650b
was at Sea Otter yesterday at the Panaracer booth.  They showed me the new 650B Gravelkings in both smooth skin and small knob versions in 48mm.  Tubeless and skinwall.  Looked pretty nice. They said they will be available to buy in July of this year

The small knob versions in 700c is the bomb, so looking forward to this 650B fat version.

~mike
Carlsbad Ca

Mike Schiller

Apr 22, 2017, 5:34:45 PM4/22/17
to 650b
oops I misspelt  Gravelkings in the title

mike

Justin Hughes

Apr 22, 2017, 8:01:29 PM4/22/17
to 650b
That's cool, Mike. Thanks for sharing. I'm guessing weight will be over 500g, but I wonder just what weight.

gphilipsparks

Apr 23, 2017, 12:49:52 AM4/23/17
to 650b
Any pictures? By "tubeless and skinwall" do you mean that there was not a black version of the 650b x 48mm smooth tire?

-Philip Sparks

Jeff Bertolet

Apr 23, 2017, 1:15:01 PM4/23/17
to 650b
On Panaracer's website under "gravel" the only tire listed as tubeless is the Gravelking SK (small knob). Hopefully they will be adding tubeless beads to more of their tires.

Mike Schiller

Apr 23, 2017, 2:00:33 PM4/23/17
to 650b
Sorry no pictures.  The only two on display were skin-wall.  I didn't see a blackwall and the rep didn't say anyhting about other tires.  I did ask about wider 700c tires and he indicated that there would not be anything larger than 40 mm.

Kevan Rutledge

Apr 26, 2017, 5:06:21 PM4/26/17
to 650b
Just posted to Bikerumor today.  Stoked!

Justin Hughes

Jun 5, 2017, 11:20:55 AM6/5/17
to 650b
Just checked with my LBS on these and they said QBP is still telling them the end of July for the 650x48 SK (labeled 27.5x1.9) in both brown wall and black wall, but the 700x43 SK is available now.

Mike Schiller

Jun 5, 2017, 11:45:55 AM6/5/17
to 650b
700x43, is that a new size?  I have a set of the SK 700x40's which measure out at ~43mm tubeless on 23mm rims.

~mike

Justin Hughes

Jun 5, 2017, 12:05:43 PM6/5/17
to 650b
At least in the catalog it is offered in addition to the 700x40. It could be that they are actually the same tire from the same mold and they will be labeled 700x43 going forward, but given that they make a few other sizes that close in size it's highly plausible it is a new size. That's 26, 32, 35, 38, 40 and 43 in the 700c SK.

I forgot to mention that the 650bx48 slick version shows the same expected arrival date at the end of July just as you were told in April.

Irving Pham

Jun 5, 2017, 12:25:02 PM6/5/17
to 650b
Looks like 700x40 is still 700x43, per Panaracer.