Cant find new brifter

Harold Bielstein

Apr 24, 2017, 9:39:59 AM4/24/17
to 650b
Anyone have a link to those new brifter set ups - Grenvle, Gevenle… can’t find em if I can’t spell em!
Harold Bielstein
5211 Meadowlark Dr.
Rapid City, SD 57702
605-341-0315
hkbie...@gmail.com

Greg Achtem

Apr 24, 2017, 9:43:52 AM4/24/17
to Harold Bielstein, 650b
https://gevenalle.com/shifters/

I just remember because they say they want all riders to have given all.

Also, they (well microshift really) has a shifter unit that will shift Shimano Shadow mtb derailleurs and cogs. Could make a cool 1x road bike if you were so inclined.

Harold Bielstein

Apr 24, 2017, 9:58:08 AM4/24/17
to Greg Achtem, Harold Bielstein, 650b
Thanks Greg

Sent from Hal's iPad

On Apr 24, 2017, at 7:43 AM, Greg Achtem <greg....@gmail.com> wrote:

https://gevenalle.com/shifters/

I just remember because they say they want all riders to have given all.

Also, they (well microshift really) has a shifter unit that will shift Shimano Shadow mtb derailleurs and cogs. Could make a cool 1x road bike if you were so inclined.

desmond...@gmail.com

Apr 24, 2017, 12:13:17 PM4/24/17
to Greg Achtem, Harold Bielstein, 650b
Anyone try these in real life.. Must say as a touring bicycle man , a part that even hints at being tough , I like.

Sent from my iPhone
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to 650b+uns...@googlegroups.com.

Scott B

Apr 24, 2017, 12:14:06 PM4/24/17
to 650b, greg....@gmail.com, hkbie...@gmail.com
I use a set of the Gevenalle GX short/long pull shifters running a 1x10 with a sunrace 11-42 cassette and avid bb7 mtn brakes.
They work amazingly well and I know I will wind up with another set.

On Monday, April 24, 2017 at 6:58:08 AM UTC-7, Harold Bielstein wrote:
Thanks Greg

Sent from Hal's iPad

On Apr 24, 2017, at 7:43 AM, Greg Achtem <greg....@gmail.com> wrote:

https://gevenalle.com/shifters/

I just remember because they say they want all riders to have given all.

Also, they (well microshift really) has a shifter unit that will shift Shimano Shadow mtb derailleurs and cogs. Could make a cool 1x road bike if you were so inclined.
On Mon, Apr 24, 2017 at 7:39 AM, Harold Bielstein <hkbie...@gmail.com> wrote:
Anyone have a link to those new brifter set ups - Grenvle, Gevenle… can’t find em if I can’t spell em!
Harold Bielstein
5211 Meadowlark Dr.
Rapid City, SD 57702
605-341-0315
hkbie...@gmail.com

desmond...@gmail.com

Apr 24, 2017, 12:42:36 PM4/24/17
to Scott B, 650b, greg....@gmail.com, hkbie...@gmail.com
Brilliant , just what I needed to hear., , sometimes you just got to have a little fun with stuff:).. An give a go .

Sent from my iPhone

Matt M

Apr 24, 2017, 3:49:39 PM4/24/17
to 650b
I have them as well, love them.  I got the GX shifters so I could use a 11-42 cassette and Shimano MTB derailleur.  I'd say they are just as reliable as bar end shifters, but pay attention to where the cables go.  You may have to do some adjusting to get them to work with a rando bag.

desmond...@gmail.com

Apr 24, 2017, 4:25:03 PM4/24/17
to Matt M, 650b
Ah yes the reason I've used campy shifter for the last 20 years is because of Handel bar bags, an they just fit my hand better..

Sent from my iPhone

Steve Palincsar

Apr 24, 2017, 4:40:01 PM4/24/17
to 65...@googlegroups.com
Yes, much better up at the Handel bar than in Bach behind the saddle,
where they're more difficult to get to. :-)

twowheeledtexan

Apr 24, 2017, 6:27:21 PM4/24/17
to 650b
I've got two sets of these, they both work great and the cables don't interfere too much with my rando bag. I will say that the shift motion is a different one and less comfortable than shimano brifters. After long rides my knuckles and fingers are sore and definitely feeling the effects for a couple of days. I have these on my rando so long means 200k plus, daily use for commuting and shorter rides they're great!

desmond...@gmail.com

Apr 25, 2017, 8:13:07 AM4/25/17
to twowheeledtexan, 650b
So how would you say about week long tours" full loaded"( me an the bike - haha.. While maybe doing 40-70 mile days .. To much hand fatigue ? Again I've been running Campy shifters for 20 plus years with shinmano long cage in back with ode peter white things, very happy . Just looking for something new just to try for fun..

Sent from my iPhone

> On Apr 24, 2017, at 1:42 PM, twowheeledtexan <twowhee...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> I've got two sets of these, they both work great and the cables don't interfere too much with my rando bag. I will say that the shift motion is a different one and less comfortable than shimano brifters. After long rides my knuckles and fingers are sore and definitely feeling the effects for a couple of days. I have these on my rando so long means 200k plus, daily use for commuting and shorter rides they're great!

Will Vautrain

Apr 25, 2017, 1:54:03 PM4/25/17
to 650b

On Monday, April 24, 2017 at 5:27:21 PM UTC-5, twowheeledtexan wrote:
I've got two sets of these, they both work great and the cables don't interfere too much with my rando bag. I will say that the shift motion is a different one and less comfortable than shimano brifters. After long rides my knuckles and fingers are sore and definitely feeling the effects for a couple of days. I have these on my rando so long means 200k plus, daily use for commuting and shorter rides they're great!

I like the general idea of these, but I like to brake from the hoods a lot, and it looks like the shifters might get in the way. Can you comment on your experience braking from the hoods with these?

twowheeledtexan

Apr 25, 2017, 2:55:52 PM4/25/17
to 650b
On Tuesday, April 25, 2017 at 10:54:03 AM UTC-7, Will Vautrain wrote:
> On Monday, April 24, 2017 at 5:27:21 PM UTC-5, twowheeledtexan wrote:I've got two sets of these, they both work great and the cables don't interfere too much with my rando bag. I will say that the shift motion is a different one and less comfortable than shimano brifters. After long rides my knuckles and fingers are sore and definitely feeling the effects for a couple of days. I have these on my rando so long means 200k plus, daily use for commuting and shorter rides they're great!
>

> I like the general idea of these, but I like to brake from the hoods a lot, and it looks like the shifters might get in the way. Can you comment on your experience braking from the hoods with these?

I haven't had any issues with braking, the shifters just aren't in the way or I've become so accustomed to it that I don't notice it. I've used them with discs, cantis, and centerpulls with no issue. Also, it's quite easy to shift while braking, you can dump the whole cassette in a flash.

Scott B

Apr 25, 2017, 3:17:05 PM4/25/17
to 650b
I have the same experience I am rarely in the drops and have no issues shifting or braking.
With the gevenalle you can adjust the mount on the shifter to tune the high/low limits.
Terrible at explaining here is a picture.

Adam Kilgas

Apr 25, 2017, 6:25:01 PM4/25/17
to 650b
A while back I saw these on IRD's website:

A bit cheaper than Gevenalle ($125 on IRD's web store), but I don't know how they directly compare.  Not made here in the US of course, but then again Gevenalle uses a Tektro lever as their base anyways, so...

CMR

Apr 25, 2017, 6:26:47 PM4/25/17
to 650b
I have a set of Gevenalle GX, friction front and mountain 10 speed in back. Not being put to use, in used but great condition. Can send details and photos to any one interested! $120 shipped in CONUS.

Steve Palincsar

Apr 25, 2017, 6:28:50 PM4/25/17
to 65...@googlegroups.com
Don't forget, the IRDs don't actually include the shifters. Those are
just brake levers with a place to mount bar end shifters. Shifters sold
separately.

Adrian Alday

Apr 26, 2017, 11:26:55 AM4/26/17
to 650b
i have had a few solid years with the ird levers. it was nice that they came in all silver.