BQ, Autumn 2017, No.61.

Alistair Spence

Sep 13, 2017, 9:41:52 PM9/13/17
to 650b
Received my copy of Bicycle Quarterly today and just wanted to comment on the remarkable piece by Frame Builder/Constructeur J.P Weigle about his involvement in the "Concours de Machines" which occurred back in late June in Ambert, France.

In the piece Peter talks about some of the decisions he and Jan made during the design phase, and goes into some details about how he went about fabricating the bicycle. It really is fascinating stuff.

There are some great pictures to go with the article too, quite poignant, showing some real cycling history in the making.

Highly recommended.

Alistair Spence,
Seattle, WA.

Theodor Rzad

Sep 19, 2017, 6:06:44 PM9/19/17
to 650b
Agreed! An excellent issue. It has been foretold: #61 shall be a vortex of spare time! I can't wait to dig into Peter's article.

I grew up with my dad's subscription to Automobile Quarterly, a bound volume with very high quality (for the time) photography and printing to compliment the uniquely scholarly approach to current, previous, and sometime future technology surrounding the finest four-wheeled hardware available. BQ is an equally excellent analogue and deserves to be bound with premium-quality printing of photography. I'd pay extra for that in a heartbeat.

Thanks Jan + crew!

Ted Rzad SFBACA

rcnute

Sep 19, 2017, 11:40:47 PM9/19/17
to 650b
I want to know more about the titanium bike!

Ryan