Analog w(Right) stem, round 2

analog...@gmail.com

May 6, 2018, 1:14:21 PM5/6/18
to 650b

Hey folks, the first batch of Analog's w(Right) stems sold out really fast.  We were waiting for a while to see what alternative finishes we could offer, and finally got some Ceramic Clear Coated stems back from the finisher.  They look beyond great.  The ceramic coating is this gorgeous semi gloss finish, super thin but durable.  Used on everything from high end car parts to gun parts, so you know it can take a beating.  That's not a pro or anti gun statement, it's just a fact.

This time around, we have all the options available is items on the website.  Presale runs thru May, closes June 1.  25 will be made this time.  ETA mid summer.  That's a loose ETA,cause things happen.

Perfect for running drops on the new Atlantis frames, a Joe App, Chev, etc.  Also solid for use with say, a Jones bar or riser bar on longer TT'd frames.  Lastly, and my favorite, it allows shorter torso riders to ride the right size frame by shortening the reach to the hoods.

More info on the presale here.  Pics of the new ceramic finish below.  If you wanna see it in person and you are in the SF bay area, stop by Riv and ask to see Corey's Hunq, which will have this on it in about a week.

analog...@gmail.com

May 6, 2018, 1:22:26 PM5/6/18
to 650b
Apologies, messed up the link the first time around:  https://www.analogcycles.com/product/analog-wright-stem-presale/

Andy Beichler

May 7, 2018, 3:21:29 PM5/7/18
to 650b
Any idea on when threadless versions will be available?

analog...@gmail.com

May 14, 2018, 9:15:37 AM5/14/18
to 650b
Hey Andy, sorry for the slow response.  We'll get those threadless prototypes out this summer, but I don't have an exact date.  I'll post em here though when they're made!  They're next on the docket, and we'll be showing some other rad stem concepts...

Andy Beichler

May 14, 2018, 9:32:17 PM5/14/18
to 650b
No worries.  Thanks for the update.  I'll keep watching.

Tim Potter

May 15, 2018, 12:20:23 PM5/15/18
to 650b
Love the stem and photos of it in the wild.  Great work.  Also really appreciate & enjoyed your thoughts on the benefits of a shorter reach stem and slacker geometries.
Seems like you'd want to offer a 25.4 clamp version too so people don't have to use those ugly shims (why does Nitto make those shims so long anyway? Their own Technomic stems don't cover them up - ugh!).

One other observation on stems, particularly for those of us doing 650b conversions to old French road bikes: the Nitto Technomic stem that I purchased, which was marked as 22.2 mm on the quill actually fit the old French fork steerer tube perfectly which should be an even 22 mm.  Anyone else discover this?  I was SO HAPPY to avoid having to sandpaper my stem down.

Finally, I know many of you have no love for Facebook but to those of you who do still FB here's a new group I created recently that you're welcome to join:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/650bvintagebikefans/

Happy roads.

Tim Potter
Okemos, MI USA

PS:  I'm the webmaster for the Ride of Silence which is a hugely powerful and meaningful annual free bike ride (no, it's NOT a fundraiser, just an event to honor and remember our lost brothers and sisters of the wheel and to celebrate/ encourage those working to make our roads safer for bicycling); hope some of you will consider riding tomorrow evening in your local event; there are almost 350 registered now around the world:  http://www.rideofsilence.org/main.php