FS: 650b-ified 1988 Schwinn Voyageur frameset

Sofia Torres

Jan 18, 2017, 1:47:59 PM1/18/17
to 650b
Hello all,

I've decided to part ways with this frame as I move even further away from riding on surfaces resembling roads. It's a 1988 Schwinn Voyageur, 21" (53.5cm ETT), modified to fit 650b wheels. 584 x 42mm fit with adequate clearance, tightest spot being at the chain stays.

Modifications:

When I asked Rob Roberson to move the canti posts, I also asked that he remove the three TT housing guides and install 2 split housing stops instead, as I find that split housing improves rear brake feel. Although originally a 27" wheeled bike, the BB drop is only like 65mm -- so with the smaller 650b wheels, the BB height was never an issue. In my opinion it doesn't ride like a conversion. Brazing on new brake posts also allowed Rob to space them appropriately for modern brakes (the Voyageur originally had crazy narrow post spacing that would limit brake choice down to one or two models), and the modification was done with Paul MiniMotos in mind, which is what I used.

Paint:

I was going to PC this, but I could never decide on a color. So for now it sports the original paint plus gray primer over the frame mods. Admittedly not the best look:

I'd like to sell the frame/fork/headset for $275 OBO
I also have a set of Paul MiniMoto brakes in silver that could go with it, for a total of $400.

Shipping should be very reasonable via BikeFlights, or you may pick up in San Diego.

Please don't hesitate to get in touch if you have any questions!

Sofia Torres

Jan 20, 2017, 8:42:39 PM1/20/17
to 650b
I'm probably asking a lot for a frame that needs paint to look okay in public. How about $350 shipped for frame, fork, headset, and Paul MiniMotos?

Sofia Torres

Jan 23, 2017, 9:36:10 PM1/23/17
to 650b
For $350 shipped I'll include a set of gum wall Hetre Extralights (584x42, used but plenty of life left), and a black x-pac half-frame-bag I made that fits this frame. Email me directly if you have any questions.

Sofia Torres

Jan 26, 2017, 5:12:03 PM1/26/17
to 650b
Brakes are now sold.

Frame/fork/headset/framebag $175 plus shipping OBO

Can include a brand new 26.6 post for $10 if needed.

Sofia Torres

Jan 27, 2017, 11:53:35 AM1/27/17
to 650b
This frameset is now sold. Thanks all.