FS: 1984 Trek 520 650B Custom Conversion, 400.00

瀏覽次數:173 次
跳到第一則未讀訊息

David Dillard

未讀,
2017年12月15日 上午10:39:232017/12/15
收件者:650b

Vintage 1984 Trek 520 650B Custom Conversion 22.5in/56cm, Serial number 141135  Frame, fork, headset, seatpost, bottom bracket, 400.00

HiBOBs and 650Bers--

I'm finally putting this one up for sale--It's been a great bike for me, but I need to raise money for a new project.  Sorry for the cross post (a little).

Here’s your opportunity to own a classic, American built (Wisconsin) frame, with custom conversion to 650B by Jack Trumbull at Franklin Frames.

Pictures are here:  https://www.flickr.com/photos/53347917@N02/sets/72157627463312531  There are a bunch, but the first few are the important ones, as they are what you will receive.  There are chips and scratches in the paint that come with a bike that has been ridden a lot.

This is a Trek 520 (1984, Made in Waterloo, WI) that I had converted to 650B and repainted by Jack Trumbull at Franklin Frames near Columbus OH.  Nitto M12 front rack painted to match frame.  Fits 42mm Hetres with room for any fender.  I had Berthouds on it for a couple thousand miles.  I can include those for a little extra money, as well as most of the parts which were on the bike, as I haven’t sold them yet.  You can see everything that used to be on the bike in the photos

No dimpling was necessary on the rear chainstays.  As far as handling front loads, I think it rides fine with a front load, but I'm no expert on 'planing' or that kind of thing.  I didn’t have the fork reraked when Jack worked on it.  It has the original specs, which are written below.

Ridden comfortably on quite a few centuries in Kentucky and Southern Indiana the past few seasons.  Love the frame, but working on another conversion.

The frame has dings and scratches.  Take a look at the pictures and ask questions.  I’ve done about ten centuries on the bike in the past few seasons, as well as riding it around town so it’s been a working bike, not a museum piece.  It looks good, but is not perfect.

Tange Levin headset

Shimano cartridge bottom bracket with alloy retainer cup

Nitto M12 front canti mounted rack with light mount

Seatpost (SR, I think)
Hand made in Wisconsin in 1984, before Trek went to a more automated lug frame build process.  Longer tubes made with Reynolds 501 steel, which is a little thicker than the   531, and makes   sense for a touring bike designed to ride anywhere.  The cantilever brakes allow for tons of tire clearance.

Serial number 141135
Seat tube  56cm
Seat tube angle  73
Head tube angle  72