Grand Bois Tires & Gypsey Moths

Ted Shwartz

Jun 29, 2016, 3:36:27 PM6/29/16
to 650b
In Rhode Island we have been dealing with multiple waves of moth infestations. Gypsy, Tent, etc... For several weeks.

The bugs eat, crap (fess?) and die with great frequency all leaving a green mush on roads and bigger paths.

My GB tires seem to pick up this skirt and it hardens onto them to the point where I have to take the wheels off and clean the fenders insides every 5 miles or so, so my tires can rotate.

The tire's themselves have green walls.

Is any one experiencing these problems.

Ted - Gypsy Moth, c'est moi!

B Sloma

Jun 30, 2016, 8:13:22 AM6/30/16
to 650b
Wow!  I remember the gypsy moths in CT when I was a kid.  Am I the only one that wants to see photos?

Jeffrey Kane

Jun 30, 2016, 10:36:22 AM6/30/16
to 650b
Ted,

I don't get to ride in RI as much as I'd like but will be up there in a couple of weeks  -- either way, I haven't seen the decidedly gross conditions you're describing here!
What part of the state do you ride in?

Ted Shwartz

Jun 30, 2016, 11:05:25 AM6/30/16
to Jeffrey Kane, 650b
I ride everywhere in Rhodea Island. The worst section is on the Coventry bike path. The worst part is over with this year's infestation, and we had a good rain storm last night. Things should be getting better soon

Ted Shwartz

Four wheels move the body, two wheels move the soul