FS: Katakura Silk Frame and Fork

Mark Anderson

Jan 22, 2017, 9:37:16 AM1/22/17
to 650b
In order to fund a new bike build I'm divesting myself of bike stuff. Offered to the list today is a ca. '84 Katakura Silk frame, fork, headset, and bottom bracket. The frame and fork are fully chromed, and this builds up into a really sweet looking randonneur. Using long reach brakes, I had no problem fitting 650b x 38 tires under fenders (see the picture below.)

If you're of the longer legged variety like me, this is a pretty great way to build up a  650b conversion.

Seat tube: 61.5 cm (c-c)
Top tube: 57 cm (c-c)

I'm thinking $350, including packing and shipping via Bike Flights (CONUS only) is a fair price. If I'm off base, let me know.

I've got lots of detailed photos. Please contact me off list if interested.

Mark Anderson

The Early Morning Cyclist

Liberty, Missouri USA

Adam Paiva

Jan 22, 2017, 10:42:28 AM1/22/17
to 650b
I remember seeing this on eBay. If it wasn't for the gosh darn mile long seat tube I'd be sending 350$ your way. Great looking bicycle. Would love if this could be my commuter.