Wanted (again): med rSogn

rcnute

Sep 20, 2017, 12:20:51 PM9/20/17
to 650b
Dave J's comment about the rSogn was the trigger...anyone have a med rSogn (or similar) frame/fork to sell?

Ryan

Frankwurst

Sep 20, 2017, 7:49:19 PM9/20/17
to 650b
Finding an rSogn seems like trying to find a Unicorn or a Kogswell P/R for that matter. These things just don't come up for sale.

franklyn

Sep 20, 2017, 8:17:18 PM9/20/17
to 650b
they really occupy different unique niches that you think would be more populated. But is the rise of disc brakes pushing these bikes into obscurities? For a while VO's polyvalent served similar functional needs as the P/R, but now the new Polyvalent will have disc brakes. The fat-tire bikepacking/gravel bikes mostly have disc brakes nowadays.

I own one of each (P/R and rSogn) and am not letting them go any time soon.

Franklyn

rcnute

Sep 20, 2017, 10:24:34 PM9/20/17
to 650b
I just need one person out there who made that jump to disc land.  I will take your obscure bike!

Ryan (when three P/Rs just isn't obscure enough)

rcnute

Feb 28, 2018, 12:47:34 PM2/28/18
to 650b
Still lookin' if anyone be sellin'!

Ryan

Chris Cullum

Feb 28, 2018, 12:53:57 PM2/28/18
to Ryan Nute, 650b
Wait, what?! Didn't you just get an xSogn?

Ryan Nute

Feb 28, 2018, 12:58:14 PM2/28/18
to Chris Cullum, 650b

https://giphy.com/gifs/yosub-girl-taco-why-not-both-3o85xIO33l7RlmLR4I

Ryan

Discover & share this Girl GIF with everyone you know. GIPHY is how you search, share, discover, and create GIFs.

Feb 28, 2018, 1:01:19 PM2/28/18
to Chris Cullum, Ryan Nute, 650b
I have had a cSogn for many years, but this did not stop me from recently picking up both an rSogn and a Nordavinden.

Ryan Watson

Feb 28, 2018, 1:09:58 PM2/28/18
to David Pertuz, Chris Cullum, Ryan Nute, 650b
I have an rSogn, and I want another one!

the other Ryan

rcnute

Feb 28, 2018, 1:15:20 PM2/28/18
to 650b
Here's my xSogn for show and tell: https://www.flickr.com/photos/30684316@N08/25651802617/

Ryan (47.7539° N, 122.2776° W)

Chris Cullum

Feb 28, 2018, 1:24:16 PM2/28/18
to Ryan Nute, 650b

On Feb 28, 2018 10:15, "rcnute" <rcn...@hotmail.com> wrote:

It only comes as complete, right? What changes to stock spec did you make?

Ryan (47.7539° N, 122.2776° W)

rcnute

Feb 28, 2018, 1:38:39 PM2/28/18
to 650b
Yup, complete only as far as I know.  Swapped out the bars and Tektro levers for Compass randos and 105 aero levers.  Replaced Byways (put those on the Olaf) with Horizons I had sitting around.  Needed more setback so used a VO post from the stash.

Ryan

David Madina

Feb 28, 2018, 3:01:39 PM2/28/18
to 650b
What front rack is that? Still looking for some porteurish solution...

rcnute

Feb 28, 2018, 3:11:01 PM2/28/18
to 650b
Haulin' Colin.