FS: Drop Brake Bolt, Drop Brake Shoes

John Wilson

Feb 4, 2016, 11:18:53 AM2/4/16
to 650b
Offered to the list today are some items that might be quite useful in a 650B conversion:

1) Drop rear brake bolt (top right in photo). Aluminum alloy block, steel shafts.  I have no idea what this would be made for but it has a huge 20mm c-c drop. $30 shipped USA.

2) Drop rear brake bolt (middle right in photo). This is another odd brake drop bolt in that the shaft diameter is slightly larger than "standard", it works fine with 1st Gen. Dura Ace brakes but will not work with Campagnolo classic Record, NR, Dia Compe or whatever without turning down. I didn't want to do that and ruin an odd or hard to find piece so I broke down and bought a Campy.  Nice chrome finish.  10mm c-c drop.  $30 shipped USA.

3) Drop rear brake bolt (bottom right in photo). This is a more or less standard rear drop bolt, unmarked, but of the proper diameter for Campy, Dia Compe, Weinmann or whatever. Finish is a dull chrome.  Looks like 8mm c-c drop.  $27 shipped USA.

4) Last but not least is the infamous drop brake shoe. I have no idea what brand these are, the European seller didn't know either. They appear to use Mafac-style shoes but I haven't checked to make certain. As received, the pad holders had a domed spot where the shaft passes through the brake arm. I carefully filed them down to fit and used them briefly on my Austro Daimler Vent Noir ll conversion. I later changed them out for some Bdop - Aican style because they offered a bit more clearance. I was saving these for my son's Sequoia 650B conversion but it looks like his Gran Compe CP's may have enough reach without them.  These offer about 8mm drop. Note that one end of the shoe holder is open so they are directional. They can also be used to shift upward if switching from 650B to 700C as I'm doing on my A-D.  I'm asking $25 per set of 2 or $40 for all 4, shipped USA.

All prices are OBO. Discount for purchase of more than one item considered. Shipping outside the USA considered, ask. Paypal friendly but not at this email address.

Best,
John Wilson
Greensburg, PA
USA