Pacenti Brevet Rims Shipping Now

Kirk Pacenti

Jan 18, 2017, 11:21:58 AM1/18/17
to 650b
Dear 650b'ers,

They aren't on the web site right now, but our new Brevet rim is in stock and shipping now.

The Brevet is available in silver and 650b only (for now) in 28h, 32h and 36h drillings, $98.00 each, plus shipping.

Give us a call and we'll get your pair shipped today.

Cheers,
KP

423.531.6136

Eric Nichols

Jan 18, 2017, 7:32:41 PM1/18/17
to 650b
I had a really pleasant phone call with Kirk a couple weeks back while ordering these rims. It reminded me how much more satisfying it can be to actually talk to a person rather than click a mouse.

Photos of the finished wheels here:

Lovely lustrous finish, straight welded joint, eyelets. They built up dead-straight with even tension.

These rims check just about every box. An offset rear rim would be about the only way to improve these fine rims.

Eric Nichols
Newfields NH

Kirk Pacenti

Jan 18, 2017, 7:53:19 PM1/18/17
to 650b
Eric,

Those wheels look great. Please email me the original pictures and I'll add them to our Facebook page.

ki...@pacenticycledesign.com

Cheers,
KP

Andrew Squirrel

Jan 19, 2017, 7:32:43 PM1/19/17
to 650b
"It reminded me how much more satisfying it can be to actually talk to a person rather than click a mouse."

Someone needs to get out of the house more often

somervillebikes

Jan 19, 2017, 10:48:34 PM1/19/17
to 650b
Not sure I grasp how talking to someone in person as opposed to using a computer equates with needing to get out of the house more.

I admit to being an introvert who tends to avoid people, but I have to agree with Eric that having an actual conversation with someone can be a lot more efficient, and satisfying in a human way, than doing things online. I find that as my interactions with people and businesses get more complex, having a five minute phone convo saves far more time than volleying a dozen emails over a couple of days. When you're online, subtleties and nuanced articulation are lost. And I'll bet Kirk really enjoyed hearing someone on the other end of the line admire his rims in a way that couldn't by enjoyed by receiving an online order confirmation.

Anton

David Cummings

Jan 19, 2017, 10:53:26 PM1/19/17
to 650b
What you fail to appreciate is that when you call, you will talk to Kirk directly, the designer of the product, not a salesman. It's like talking directly to Mr. Ed. He's always on a steady course....

Very cool indeed.