Ongoing work..

The Beez

Oct 19, 2015, 1:08:20 PM10/19/15
to 4tH-compiler
Hi 4tH-ers!

You may think: it's been silent here for quite a while That's true and it's got a reason. Before, I would explain the algorithms I used here, but nowadays I post them on the Wiki. It's more accessible and may be even of use to those who don't use 4tH.

Apart from that I've been working on several - admittedly - smaller things. E.g. a small library which will make it easy to maintain linked lists. I want to use it to boost the ease of use of 4tH's small RDBMS even higher. But that's for later.

Yes, I've been playing with uBasic again, guilty. But there has been a new Zen Gamma function which really goes to the limits of accuracy of a nine figure precision (see the Wiki for that one). I've also added a FULL Simpson rule suite, including Simpson 1/3, Simpson Composite and Simpson 3/8. You use these things if you have to approximate an integral, e.g. you can get the natural log if you do the function f(x) = 1/x. It gives you a lot of freedom, but at a cost, because it is slow compared to e.g. the FLN function in 4tH.

I've been wanting to add these for some time now, but it requires a lot of research to get it right - and right it must be.

That's it for now, code in SVN,

Hans Bezemer

Ron K. Jeffries

Oct 19, 2015, 1:45:18 PM10/19/15
to 4th-co...@googlegroups.com
Hans,

It would have been lovely if you had included a link to your wiki. Just a thought. ;)

Ron K Jeffries

---
Ron K. Jeffries

Hans Bezemer

Oct 19, 2015, 5:12:35 PM10/19/15
to 4th-co...@googlegroups.com
On Monday 19 October 2015, Ron K. Jeffries wrote:
> It would have been lovely if you had included a link to your wiki. Just a
> thought. ;)

Hi Ron!

Well, it's at Sourceforge: http://sourceforge.net/p/forth-4th/wiki/Home/

New pages are these:
http://sourceforge.net/p/forth-4th/wiki/Basically%20a%20touch%20of%20Forth/
http://sourceforge.net/p/forth-4th/wiki/I%20need%20a%20BREAK%3F/
http://sourceforge.net/p/forth-4th/wiki/More%20Zen%20Gamma/

Hans Bezemer

--
I have no Facebook account. Consequently, I have no friends and I don't like
anything. Deal with it.

Visit our website! http://thebeez.home.xs4all.nl/4tH/

*** Home of the 4tH compiler! ***