SPARQL LOAD command stops working

Jim Blake

Jul 24, 2015, 1:50:23 AM7/24/15
to 4store-support
I am trying to ingest files of RDF, using the SPARQL endpoint.

I send a POST request to http://localhost:8000/update/, with an update parameter like this:
   LOAD <file:///Volumes/TriplesRaid/raw_data/cornell-2015-07-09/bib.001.0-199.nt>
   INTO GRAPH <http://graph_uri/bib.001.0-199.nt>

For the first few requests, each response has a 200 code, and a message like this:
  Imported <file:///Volumes/TriplesRaid/raw_data/cornell-2015-07-09/bib.001.0-199.nt> into <http://graph_uri/bib.001.0-199.nt>

For subsequent requests, each response still returns a 200, but the message becomes:
  aborting import

Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong? Does 4store support a limited number of named graphs? I tried inserting 10-second pauses between requests, and that seemed to fix the problem, but I hope there is a better solution.

Any insight would be appreciated.

Jim

swh

Jul 24, 2015, 6:55:25 AM7/24/15
to 4store-support, jblake....@gmail.com, jblake....@gmail.com
I don't think SPARQL LOAD is very widely used, you might be better off doing a POST upload of the data using curl or similar:

Jim Blake

Aug 18, 2015, 11:25:58 AM8/18/15
to 4store-support, jblake....@gmail.com
OK, I am using POST to upload the data. Sometimes I get responses like this:
   400 RDF parser reported errors
   This is a 4store SPARQL server v1.1.6-8-g1b31202
or this:
   500 server problem while importing
   This is a 4store SPARQL server v1.1.6-8-g1b31202

How can I find out more information? Where was the parser error? What sort of server problem? The log in /var/log/4store does not hold this information. Do I need to enable a logging parameter somewhere?

Thanks,

Jim