make test -> [FAIL] formats

Donald Pellegrino

Sep 3, 2015, 11:14:57 AM9/3/15
to 4store-support
I did a new install of 4store 1.1.5 on a CentOS 6.3 system. As per http://4store.org/trac/wiki/Install I ran "make test" after a successful "make install." Everything passed except "formats." In addition, "functions-hash" was marked as "SKIP."

Any suggestions for debugging the "formats" test failure?

swh

Sep 3, 2015, 12:16:07 PM9/3/15
to 4store-support
Have a look in tests/httpd/results/formats and tests/httpd/exemplar/formats to see what the difference is - there might also be a -err file, which would indicate an error message was generated.

Donald Pellegrino

Sep 3, 2015, 12:43:58 PM9/3/15
to 4store-support
Thanks, I found that tests/httpd/results/formats-err contains:

17a18
> <http://example.org/test1.nt> <test:x>        <test:y>        "ntriples"

The exemplar file has the following:

Query: SELECT * WHERE { GRAPH ?g { ?x ?y ?z } } ORDER BY ?x ?y ?z ?g
?g      ?x      ?y      ?z
<http://example.org/test1>      <test:a>        <test:b>        "turtle"
<http://example.org/test1.ttl>  <test:a>        <test:b>        "turtle"
<http://example.org/test1>      <test:x>        <test:y>        "ntriples"
<http://example.org/test1>      <test:x>        <test:y>        "rdfxml"
<http://example.org/test1.rdf>  <test:x>        <test:y>        "rdfxml"

While the test output has:

Query: SELECT * WHERE { GRAPH ?g { ?x ?y ?z } } ORDER BY ?x ?y ?z ?g
?g      ?x      ?y      ?z
<http://example.org/test1>      <test:a>        <test:b>        "turtle"
<http://example.org/test1.ttl>  <test:a>        <test:b>        "turtle"
<http://example.org/test1>      <test:x>        <test:y>        "ntriples"
<http://example.org/test1.nt>   <test:x>        <test:y>        "ntriples"
<http://example.org/test1>      <test:x>        <test:y>        "rdfxml"
<http://example.org/test1.rdf>  <test:x>        <test:y>        "rdfxml"

Could it be that the test data got a new record and the exemplar for the test case just needs to be updated?

Donald Pellegrino

Sep 8, 2015, 10:07:32 AM9/8/15
to 4store-support
I see that the exemplar was updated in Git back in February 2014:

I had downloaded the latest tarball from http://4store.org/download/ which was 1.1.5. GitHub however lists 1.1.6 as a newer release https://github.com/garlik/4store/releases. It seems that I should update to 1.1.6. It may be useful to update the download link on http://4store.org/trac/wiki/Download to direct to the GitHub releases page.