PKG_CHECK_MODULES

Samuel MORELLO

Nov 26, 2012, 1:23:26 PM11/26/12
to 4store-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I am terribly sorry to ask this but i have decided to go with cent os 6.3 and have the following problem with 4store install

When i try to configure i have the following error

./configure: line 12795: syntax error near unexpected token `GLIB,'
./configure: line 12795: `PKG_CHECK_MODULES(GLIB, glib-2.0 >= 2.2.0)'

I think i did everythings explain in the docs but can not figure out what's wrong ...

I saw that someone has a similar problem but i don't understand how he reoslved this ?

Thanks,

Samuel

Manuel Salvadores

Nov 26, 2012, 5:38:49 PM11/26/12
to 4store-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I had a similar issue with OSX 10.8. This is how I fix it ...

Update autogen.sh with the last version from http://buildconf.brlcad.org/
and run these commands before ./configure
aclocal -I /usr/local/share/aclocal
autoheader
automake
autoconf

It worked for me. Maybe somebody that knows better auto* tools can explain why.

Manuel

Steve Harris

Nov 27, 2012, 7:05:35 AM11/27/12
to 4store-...@googlegroups.com
Maybe we should look at fixing the autogen script - I've had similar issue on my extremely crufty 10.7 box.

- Steve

Steve Harris, CTO
Garlik, a part of Experian
Registered in England and Wales 653331 VAT # 887 1335 93
80 Victoria Street, London, SW1E 5JL

Samuel MORELLO

Nov 27, 2012, 7:15:44 AM11/27/12
to 4store-...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Manuel but this didn't work for me.
I'll try to reinstall everything from scratch.

Thanks,
Samuel

Samuel MORELLO

Nov 28, 2012, 10:46:10 AM11/28/12
to 4store-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I finally have succes to compile 4store on cent os 6.3
The problem with `PKG_CHECK_MODULES(GLIB, glib-2.0 >= 2.2.0)'  was solve by install the latest version of pkg-config. (0.27, was 0.22)

Thanks,

Samuel