100-continue / 400 RDF parser reported errors

CB

Jul 25, 2012, 10:53:33 PM7/25/12
to 4store-...@googlegroups.com
I'm curious what to make of this:

* About to connect() to foo.bar.baz port1234(#0)
*   Trying 123.456.7.8...
* connected
* Connected to foo.bar.baz (123.456.7.8) port 1234 (#0)
> PUT /data/http://foo.bar.baz/foobar HTTP/1.1
400 RDF parser reported errors
This is a 4store SPARQL server v1.1.5

The command being used to send the data is:

curl --header 'Content-type: text/xml' --url 'http://foo.bar.baz:1234/data/http://foo.bar.baz/foobar' --verbose --upload-file 'foo.rdf'

foo.rdf has been validated with the W3C RDF validator.

Manuel Salvadores

Jul 25, 2012, 11:48:15 PM7/25/12
to 4store-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Can you try with "application/rdf+xml" as content type ?

If still does not work try to parse the file with rapper:

rapper -i rdfxml foo.rdf

rapper is a raptor utility and 4store uses raptor internally. If
rapper parses the file 4store should parse it as well.

Manuel

CB

Jul 26, 2012, 10:34:08 AM7/26/12
to 4store-...@googlegroups.com
Thanks, Manuel. Changing the content type (duh--I might have remembered that, but it's been ages since I wanted to load the rdf/xml and not turtle) allows the upload, but doesn't fix the second problem I'm having: I get this result if I use a regex FILTER on a query:

<!-- warning: invalid UTF-8 string -->

I uploaded the rdf/xml (I normally just upload the turtle) because I had massaged it with rapper; here's the output:

rapper: Parsing URI file:[blah].rdf with parser rdfxml
rapper: Serializing with serializer ntriples
rapper: Parsing returned 1415 triples

This file is valid according to the W3C validator. I infer from what I've read elsewhere on this board that the error I'm getting might be related to UTF-8 issues, but I can't understand why in this case. However, if I do remove the regex from the query, I get results back. I'm frankly puzzled.

Message has been deleted

Manuel Salvadores

Jul 26, 2012, 11:09:02 AM7/26/12
to 4store-...@googlegroups.com
I think I have seen this problem before. Have you build 4store and
dependencies yourself ? If so I believe you need to build PCRE
enabling unicode properties.

./configure --enable-unicode-properties.

See footnote in here:

http://4store.org/trac/wiki/Dependencies

Manuel

On Thu, Jul 26, 2012 at 7:35 AM, CB <blair....@gmail.com> wrote:
> --
> "4store-support" group.
> https://groups.google.com/d/msg/4store-support/-/5Ip70ZKKwkwJ.

CB

Jul 26, 2012, 12:03:22 PM7/26/12
to 4store-...@googlegroups.com
No: I used the 4store-1.1.5 disk image for Snow Leopard. But the tip below is useful in case I ever build from source. (Haven't done so yet, though.) Btw, I didn't  have this problem before using 1.0.3 on Leopard. The same data worked fine there. (I noticed the problem after I upgraded OS and 4Store version.)

On Thu, Jul 26, 2012 at 7:35 AM, CB wrote:

> On Thursday, July 26, 2012 9:34:08 AM UTC-5, CB wrote:
>>
>> Thanks, Manuel. Changing the content type (duh--I might have remembered
>> that, but it's been ages since I wanted to load the rdf/xml and not turtle)
>> allows the upload, but doesn't fix the second problem I'm having: I get this
>> result if I use a regex FILTER on a query:
>>
>> <!-- warning: invalid UTF-8 string -->
>>
>> I uploaded the rdf/xml (I normally just upload the turtle) because I had
>> massaged it with rapper; here's the output:
>>
>> rapper: Parsing URI file:[blah].rdf with parser rdfxml
>> rapper: Serializing with serializer ntriples
>> rapper: Parsing returned 1415 triples
>>
>> This file is valid according to the W3C validator. I infer from what I've
>> read elsewhere on this board that the error I'm getting might be related to
>> UTF-8 issues, but I can't understand why in this case. However, if I do
>> remove the regex from the query, I get results back. I'm frankly puzzled.

Karima Rafes

Jul 26, 2012, 12:17:26 PM7/26/12
to 4store-...@googlegroups.com
I tested with this option in the version 1.1.5 :
configure: WARNING: unrecognized options: --enable-unicode-properties

bye
Karima

2012/7/26 CB <blair....@gmail.com>:
>> > 4store-suppor...@googlegroups.com.
>> > For more options, visit this group at
>> > http://groups.google.com/group/4store-support?hl=en.

Steve Harris

Jul 27, 2012, 4:28:13 AM7/27/12
to 4store-...@googlegroups.com
It's an option on the pcre library, not 4store itsself.

The version shipped with the DMG must be incorrectly configured too.

- Steve
Steve Harris, CTO
Garlik, a part of Experian
+44 7854 417 874 http://www.garlik.com/
Registered office: Landmark House, Experian Way, Nottingham, Notts, NG80 1ZZ

Steve Harris

Jul 30, 2012, 1:17:25 PM7/30/12
to 4store-...@googlegroups.com
I'll try and build a new one tomorrow.

- Steve

On 30 Jul 2012, at 14:44, Alexander Filitz wrote:

Hi there

I get the same UTF error by using FILTER with regex. Could someone upload a new DMG image for Mac?
Thank you very much!

cheers
Alex

>> --
>
> --

Steve Harris, CTO
Garlik, a part of Experian
+44 7854 417 874  http://www.garlik.com/
Registered office: Landmark House, Experian Way, Nottingham, Notts, NG80 1ZZ

Steve Harris, CTO
Garlik, a part of Experian
1-3 Halford Road, Richmond, TW10 6AW, UK
+44 20 8439 8203  http://www.garlik.com/

Registered in England and Wales 653331 VAT # 887 1335 93
Registered office: Landmark House, Experian Way, NG2 Business Park, Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, England NG80 1ZZ

Steve Harris

Aug 22, 2012, 10:42:11 AM8/22/12
to 4store-...@googlegroups.com
An update on this.

I've been trying since I sent this mail, but keep running into road blocks! I had to update Fink (among other things), and that's been taking ages.

- Steve

Fabio Ricci

Oct 3, 2014, 9:02:44 AM10/3/14
to 4store-...@googlegroups.com
Hello all :)

I like 4store and I would like to use it on a mac book pro and on a mac pro with Mavericks.
I downloaded and installed the offered mac version of 4store (v 1.1.5).

However I noted that FILTER Regex expressions are not running on a 4store running on a mac osx 10.9.
The error is related to some UTF-8 support which should be missing in my (default) case :<!-- warning: invalid UTF-8 string -->

I am not interested (in this first phase) in building from the source code and if I could avoid it I'd be glad.

****What steps should I do in order to get also the FILTER Regex on 4store running?****

Thank you so much for any hint on this.

Kind regards

swh

Oct 3, 2014, 9:09:44 AM10/3/14
to 4store-...@googlegroups.com
Have you checked that your input data is legal UTF-8?

I'm not 100% sure where that error originates from, but it sounds like you have UTF-8 enabled, but the UTF-8 parser didn't like it.

Try cutting down to a trivial amount of data, and see if you can narrow down what string is causing the error, or try running your input data through iconv.