What happened?

Thomas Petra

Mar 4, 2014, 1:37:30 AM3/4/14
to 3d...@googlegroups.com
Given that it's March and I just found out Google isn't accepting models anymore, I suppose that says I lost interest in it long ago.  I could see the writing on the wall with the sale to Trimble and the mesh technology were announced.  I have less than 100 models so I can only imagine how people with the really big collections feel.  I too looked at making a business out of it - in fact that's what I said I always wanted to do.  Making models was a rewarding experience that combined technology, geometry, and photography.  I spent hours on the simplest buildings trying to perfect them.  I loved the challenge and focus of the work.  At the end, you were able to publish your work and share it with the world - virtual and real.  I am so sorry for all of the dedicated builders and people who made a business out of modeling.  It's so ironic that we couldn't keep up with technology.  It was a very nice time for those few years.  What am I to do with my 50ft tape measure now?

Paata Tsereteli

Mar 4, 2014, 1:54:07 AM3/4/14
to 3D Modeling for Google Earth & Maps on behalf of Thomas Petra
Tomas

How can I do for  update  my models in Google Earth?

On Tue, Mar 4, 2014 at 10:37 AM, Thomas Petra via 3D Modeling for Google Earth & Maps <3dwh+noreply-APn2wQccWYlFq1DHBjK...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
[...]

Thomas Petra

Mar 4, 2014, 4:28:00 PM3/4/14
to 3d...@googlegroups.com