Can someone please tell me what's wrong here?

Scottymate

May 4, 2011, 5:17:10 PM5/4/11
to 3d...@googlegroups.com
Ok I'm writing this after having had a single building rejected for the 3rd time - First time it was for building incomplete (possible), second was for sunken(false), third and fourth (the latest rejection, both at the same time) was for "unable to verify existance" and "excess entourage".

Now This being the 12th or so building I have done, and my first rejection, I didn't appeal and just tried altering and re-uploading. But every time I seem to be rejected for a different reason, and an incorrect one at that. So this time I've appealed, but can someone please tell me if there's something fundamentally wrong with it? The latest reason was probably the silliest yet:"excess entourage" - It's a lone building with no outlying structures. I'm not going to lie I'm getting a little bit fed up here.

Here's the link:

Boghead house

Yea pretty name. It belongs to a family member, as do the rest of the buildings on the same field. (all submitted at the same time, and accepted without issue)

Input would be much appreciated as It's been weeks now getting messed around and I'm tearing my hair out.

Scott

Julio Signorelli

May 4, 2011, 5:43:16 PM5/4/11
to 3d...@googlegroups.com
Scott in the bell house is textures missing and is floating a bit, see if fixing that helps a bit

chigirinsky

May 4, 2011, 6:11:25 PM5/4/11
to 3D Modeling for Google Earth & Maps
Hi Scott

You have two real problem in fact: "non-textured faces" and "wrong-
oriented faces" - both on chimney.
Follow the procedure
http://groups.google.com/group/3dwh/browse_thread/thread/e57ed10f7ca69a0c
to visualize them. Remember: if you can avoid png-file - avoid it.

Edit your errors and share your model once again.

Good luck.
Alexander

On 5 май, 00:17, Scottymate <scottym...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Ok I'm writing this after having had a single building rejected for the 3rd
> time - First time it was for building incomplete (possible), second was for
> sunken(false), third and fourth (the latest rejection, both at the same
> time) was for "unable to verify existance" and "excess entourage".
>
> Now This being the 12th or so building I have done, and my first rejection,
> I didn't appeal and just tried altering and re-uploading. But every time I
> seem to be rejected for a different reason, and an incorrect one at that. So
> this time I've appealed, but can someone please tell me if there's something
> fundamentally wrong with it? The latest reason was probably the silliest
> yet:"excess entourage" - It's a lone building with no outlying structures.
> I'm not going to lie I'm getting a little bit fed up here.
>
> Here's the link:
>
> Boghead house<http://sketchup.google.com/3dwarehouse/details?mid=a6b4ae5c1421210ff4...>

Scottymate

May 4, 2011, 7:07:19 PM5/4/11
to 3d...@googlegroups.com
Thank you both. I'll try that. I guess it was an experiment of mine using a texture with transparencies instead of properly modeling the chimney with geometry.

I still can't understand the rejection for entourage. The extension isn't visible on the current satellite imagery, but if you put on historic imagery, you can see it under construction in about 2005. For some reason the default imagery is older than the previous one lol. Maybe that was a factor?

SnowTiger

May 4, 2011, 8:45:19 PM5/4/11
to 3d...@googlegroups.com
In addition to what others have indicated (as I have not downloaded your model ... although I did view the GE View), include a LINK to images of the building in Context with other buildings or geographical features so Google can confirm the building does in fact exist.
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted