RP Electronics now has a lot of MG Chemicals' filament in stock

John Biehler

Jul 7, 2015, 7:03:39 PM7/7/15
to 3d...@googlegroups.com
Recently at the Vancouver Maker Faire, I was talking with the CEO from RP Electronics and convinced him that he should stock more colors and sizes of their filament since they only ever had 3mm ABS in a few colors in stock. Looks like they took my suggestion to heart as I was by today and they seemed to have a ton of spools in stock available.

MG Chemicals (a good friend to many 3D604 folks with their local support at Maker Faire and various hacker/makerspaces around the region) has a lot of new options in stock at RP now:

including the 250g spools of 1.75mm PLA in just about every color imaginable.

It's definitely not the cheapest available but it's been very consistent (they also have posted the MSDS for the filament) and you can pick it up in store in small spools for those jobs where you only need a little of that weird color. They also have 500g and 1kg spools.

This isn't an ad nor a paid endorsement....just thought I'd share what's available locally from suppliers that seem to genuinely care about their customers.

Gerald Orban

Jul 9, 2015, 2:29:49 PM7/9/15
to 3d...@googlegroups.com
That's pretty awesome, thanks John!

Daniel Friesen

Jul 9, 2015, 3:04:20 PM7/9/15
to 3d...@googlegroups.com
Maybe we should come up with a list of which MG Chemicals distributors in the area carry their filament. I bought my first spool at SMI in Langley.

Daniel DeGagne

Jul 30, 2015, 5:21:17 PM7/30/15
to 3D604, jo...@johnbiehler.com
Agree with the list Idea. MG chemicals has donated some samples to VHS and they worked well.

I know Lee Electronics has stock but last time I checked it was only at their Fraser store.

Kimball Andersen

Jul 30, 2015, 9:00:00 PM7/30/15
to 3D604, jo...@johnbiehler.com
I am thankful they carry it, and that they are right next to a skytrain station.  Got an order for a color I didn't have, and it was great to be able to just pop over and pick up a roll, without having to wait or pay for shipping.

Also, I was at Lee's electronics the other day, and they have quite a bit in stock too.

Ian Smith

Jul 31, 2015, 5:16:25 PM7/31/15
to 3D604
In heading over to rp to pick up a couple of spools tonight.

broncosis

Aug 11, 2015, 1:23:40 AM8/11/15
to 3D604
Just tried my first spool of mg stuff from SMI
and I like it so far at 33.50kg before taxes for 1.75 mm pla its a pretty fair price plus the instant gratification factor
of not having to ship it just go grab the spool see the colour it is etc etc is pretty nice

guys lets just try to make sure these local guys can keep it in stock with out it all going old
I know I'll likely be buying most of mine this way now after a few bad spools from other places
I only trust a few sources now and shipping makes it pretty well the same price as this