DIY Filament Maker

John Biehler

Apr 10, 2014, 11:21:23 AM4/10/14
to 3d...@googlegroups.com
Not that I need another project to work on but this is the first 'make your own filament' instructable that seems doable.

The price seems pretty reasonable too (~$150). Could easily use a coffee grinder for chopping up bad prints to add to the virgin pellets.

Rob Hall

Apr 10, 2014, 1:04:16 PM4/10/14
to 3d...@googlegroups.com

As I have been massing parts to build one
Already this is cool

Tiago Santos

Apr 10, 2014, 1:17:52 PM4/10/14
to 3d...@googlegroups.com
Hmmm.. The coffee grinder isn't a bad idea, has that been tried before? I'm not totally convinced it'll last very long :)

Rob Hall

Apr 10, 2014, 1:29:21 PM4/10/14
to 3d...@googlegroups.com

I was thinking a leaf shredder to grind them

Tiago Santos

Apr 10, 2014, 7:31:37 PM4/10/14
to 3d...@googlegroups.com
There are quite a few places in Vancouver selling drinks on PLA based cups. Those should be fairly easy to shred and I'm sure an enterpreneurial fella could convince some of these establishments to save up the used cups for pickup. Cleaning them all up and dealing with the smell of decaying food bits left in the cups for too long would be trickiest part ;)