NetFabb Cloud Services

Lisa M

Apr 4, 2014, 3:43:40 PM4/4/14
to 3d...@googlegroups.com
http://cloud.netfabb.com/

Hi folks,

It seems to be no longer free.  Anyone know another good online stl mesh repair tool that is free?

Thanks,
Lisa

John Biehler

Apr 4, 2014, 3:50:19 PM4/4/14
to 3d...@googlegroups.com
Still seems free for non-commercial use although I haven't used it for ages. I just had to sign in with a MS account.

You can also download Netfabb Basic (free) from here which does the same thing...it's a little more involved but you just basically open up the STl and it will identify issues and you hit the repair button. Then export the repaired STL.

Rob Hall

Apr 4, 2014, 3:50:43 PM4/4/14
to 3d...@googlegroups.com

Well that sucks it did a better job than Netfabb free software did

Such is life

Lisa M

Apr 11, 2014, 11:49:55 AM4/11/14
to 3d...@googlegroups.com
Hi John,

You are correct of course.  I finally got around to retrying with my microsoft account.  ...and it worked ...maybe even a little better than before.  I guess I misunderstood what was happening with the site.  Glad it's still free :)  We use it a lot with our sketchup designs.  Students aren't "smooth" at using sketchup and I often do my best to fix their designs.  Netfabb fixes the stuff I can't see.