2016 3D604 Printer village

Dan Steele

Feb 1, 2016, 1:47:07 PM2/1/16
to 3D604

Submissions have started for projects/groups/booths at the 2016 edition of Makerfaire at the PNE Forum on June 11-12th.

John has asked me to organize the booth this year I'd like to open a dialog and find out who is interested in participating and what in specific they'd like to showcase.

I believe the option is still open for us to be able to sell from this our tables, but I'll have to confirm that with the Faire organizers.  If this is important to you, please let me know!

I'd like everyone interested in participating to sound off asap so that I can discuss further with the organizers as to our options.

Personally, I'm interested in doing some 3D scanning and casting of 3D printed materials at the booth.

But I'd really like to get a feel for numbers, and what you'd like to do/demonstrate!

I've participated in the booth for a bunch of years now and have found and enjoy the chance to speak with other makers, get feedback on my projects and meet new people.  I look forward to seeing some old faces, and meeting some new ones.

Dan.

Max Hynes

Feb 1, 2016, 2:22:11 PM2/1/16
to 3d...@googlegroups.com
I will be there!

Dan Steele

Feb 2, 2016, 1:09:00 PM2/2/16
to 3D604
Sounds good Max, are you bringing just the one printer like last year?

Dan.

John Biehler

Feb 3, 2016, 12:50:57 AM2/3/16
to 3D604
Further to Dan's post, I just wanted to chime in as to what's required if you want to exhibit your printer(s) and/or projects at the 3D604 booth. Being a part of the 'printer village' is a lot of fun and a great way to geek out with your fellow 3d printing enthusiasts and share your awesomeness with thousands of people. It's also much cheaper to be a part of our booth than to do your own (although that's fine too). The last couple of years has only cost about $10 a person to have a spot in the village.

Like every year, we're required to be set up on Friday, the 10th, usually in the afternoon or evening. This means you need to bring all your stuff (printers, filament, prints, tools, etc.) and have it on a table on Friday.

You also need to commit to be able to at the booth for the entire weekend. This means set up on Friday afternoon/evening, and BOTH days, Saturday & Sunday from 10-6. At 6pm on Sunday the booth will be packed up.

I wish we could accommodate everyone that can only make it one day or the other but it looks bad for Maker Faire if booths are half empty one day.

You can bring friends/family to help many your table (or portion of a table depending on how much stuff you bring). This helps for bio/food breaks, gives you a chance to check out the other booths and give your voice a rest.

The last few years we've had a few people bring their stuff and then take off for long periods of time...we'd really prefer to not have to watch our own stuff plus your stuff for long stretches.

The cutoff for applications is March 15th so reply here asap so Dan knows who can make it and we can start planning things.

If you've never been to Maker Faire before or never exhibited, consider coming to Maker Faire 101 on Feb 20th at MakerLabs. I posted the details in another thread with a link to RSVP. It's a free event in a cool location.

Max Hynes

Feb 3, 2016, 2:01:33 AM2/3/16
to 3D604
Yes, just the one(right now). Who knows, Makerfaire is a few months away, I might have some other printers/cool stuff to show off then :D

Graeme Bennett

Feb 16, 2016, 1:59:09 PM2/16/16
to 3D604
I would like to attend and hope to sell items. I have more printers (and maybe even a scanner) to show this year.

John Grindon

Mar 1, 2016, 7:29:16 PM3/1/16
to 3D604
I'll be there again, that's for sure. Lot's of fun last couple of times. I'll be bringing the " Evolution "
Message has been deleted

Vincent Jefferson

Apr 21, 2016, 10:46:33 PM4/21/16
to 3D604
I apply to bring my 3D printer and project to attend to it.

This is:

Thanks!

在 2016年2月1日星期一 UTC-8上午10:47:07,Dan Steele写道:

Dan Steele

Apr 22, 2016, 1:00:14 AM4/22/16
to 3D604

Excellent, sounds like we'll have a good setup again this year.  I need to finish up the paperwork and get a count of file numbers.  If you're interested and haven't spoken up yet now is the time to do it.

Max, it will be good to have you back.

Graeme sounds good, will it be just you, or will you have a helper as well?

John looking forward to seeing you again, will you have a helper with you this year?

Vincent, the coffee molds look interesting can't wait to see them! and good luck on your kickstarter.  Are you thinking of bringing a helper?

Dan.

Vincent Jefferson

Apr 22, 2016, 5:06:54 PM4/22/16
to 3D604
Hi Dan,
      Thank you very much!
      Yes, I have helper.
      This is my first time to participate, I will take it seriously.

      Thanks Again.

Vincent

在 2016年2月1日星期一 UTC-8上午10:47:07,Dan Steele写道:

John Grindon

Apr 29, 2016, 8:21:04 PM4/29/16
to 3D604
Hi Dan

Yes good reminder. I should have a helper again this year.
Message has been deleted

Graeme Bennett

May 4, 2016, 12:05:33 AM5/4/16
to 3D604
Update: I will have my son Colin Bennett helping me both days.

On Monday, May 2, 2016 at 11:31:14 AM UTC-7, Graeme Bennett wrote:
Dan, I'll have no helpers this year AFAIK. If the situation changes, I'll advise.

On Thursday, April 21, 2016 at 10:00:14 PM UTC-7, Dan Steele wrote:
Message has been deleted

Max Hynes

May 4, 2016, 10:55:48 AM5/4/16
to 3D604
Il be coming to Vancouver Makerfaire this summer as well, I will be bringing all my stuff.

Max Hynes

May 4, 2016, 4:40:13 PM5/4/16
to 3D604
I may be able to also bring a Structure 3D scanner.

Dan Steele

May 14, 2016, 2:28:05 AM5/14/16
to 3D604
All the registration bits are complete.  We should here back about our load in time in the next few weeks,

I'll let you all know once I have more info.

Dan.

Max Hynes

Jun 1, 2016, 1:41:12 PM6/1/16
to 3D604
So have we gotten the load times yet?

Dan Steele

Jun 2, 2016, 6:12:40 PM6/2/16
to 3D604
Still waiting on the load times.  I have our location, it's just beside where we were last year along the same wall.  I expect to get load up times in the next day or two.

Dan.

Dan Steele

Jun 9, 2016, 12:48:52 PM6/9/16
to 3D604
Hey Guys,

Our load-in time is 12-2pm tomorrow.  I'm aiming to be there right at noon, once I've checked in you can drive in with your stuff.  If you show up after 2pm you won't be allowed to drive your car in.  Keep in mind we are not allowed to do setup on Saturday morning, so you must complete your load in on Friday.

Dan.

Max Hynes

Jun 9, 2016, 1:02:46 PM6/9/16
to 3d...@googlegroups.com
Good. I will be sure to bring my printer, filament and some demo prints.

Dan Steele

Jun 13, 2016, 5:22:47 PM6/13/16
to 3D604

Thanks to everyone who came out and supported the 3D printer village again this year.  It was a blast as always!

Dan.

John Grindon

Jun 16, 2016, 11:31:32 PM6/16/16
to 3D604
Thanks Dan

It was a Great success for "Evolution" Lots of interest as well as a sale !