intro and trades!

Tiago Santos

Mar 21, 2014, 9:06:35 PM3/21/14
to 3d...@googlegroups.com
Howdy fellas,

I'm a weird guy from Burnaby who tinkers with things.. Over the past couple of years I've accumulated a ton of automation related things due to building a CNC mill conversion. Started with small plans but things expanded and sort of went overboard...

Anyway, one of the bits that ended up as surplus was the control box and motors for a previous CNC attempt. It has a Gecko G540 4 axis stepper drive/BoB thing, 48v power supply, enclosure and 3x 425oz nema 23 steppers. Its all wired and worked OK, but my machine kept growing and the steppers weren't really big enough anymore (I'm now running 400w AC servos).

Long story short, I want to have a 3D printer.. I have tons of motors, linear bearings, big 45x90 aluminum extrusions, etc. What I don't have much is time :/ too many projects and things that need to happen before I can dedicate days/weeks to building something else! If anyone out there has a working printer, or a half done project, or a kit gathering dust, get in touch! Especially if you've always dreamed of building a bigger CNC thing, say a router or a really large printer, I am sure we can work something out :) I have been extremely lucky with getting all of these parts so I'll be OK with being on the "losing" side of a trade.

Even if this fails, I will have a printer sooner or later! So I'll hang around the group and see what you guys are up to :)

Cheers!
Tiago

Rob Hall

Mar 21, 2014, 9:36:05 PM3/21/14
to 3d...@googlegroups.com

I am into trades I have a bit if stuff on the go
I have 2 printers half built
And I can print you a prusa kit
Would love to get some of these other parts
For a couple of projects that I have been thinking about

Loial Otter

Mar 22, 2014, 1:30:02 PM3/22/14
to 3d...@googlegroups.com
Is it possible to negotiate to borrow/buy a 48v power supply?

I'm working on a brushless DC motor upgrade for 3d printers right now and may need something in that voltage to test out some of the equipment.

Please let me know if there's an extra one; thanks.
     Loial

Tiago Santos

Mar 24, 2014, 12:32:17 PM3/24/14
to 3d...@googlegroups.com
Hey Loial - sorry I have a couple of 48v power supplies but one is on the mill and the other is all wired up on the CNC controller I'm trying to get rid of.. O don't really want to take it apart! DMM-Tech in Richmond stocks 48V 7A supplies for around $50 I believe.. I haven't looked at places like lee's, but it might be cheaper even?

Broncosis, tell me more about what you have. I'm not terribly excited about a prusa, but who knows.. :)

Tiago Santos

Mar 24, 2014, 6:10:20 PM3/24/14
to 3d...@googlegroups.com
By the way - if you need HIGH current for whatever you're doing, I recommend looking for one of these - http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lot-of-2-Genuine-HP-ESP120-226519-2950W-51-4V-57A-MAX-/141220062804?pt=US_Server_Power_Supplies&hash=item20e15f2654

Cheap and still fairly easy to find, 51v, 57A :D It does need 220v input, though. I've been using one of these on my CNC mill for a year, works great. The pinout on the connector to make it work is well documented online..