Tinkerine DittoPro Alternate Slicer

Lisa M

Dec 14, 2015, 3:49:27 PM12/14/15
to 3D604
Hi folks,

I'm wondering if any of you, that are using the DittoPro, are using an alternate slicer.

Issues I'm experiencing:
1 - The Tinkerine suite slicer is super slow.

2 - Some prints won't slice, no matter what the resolution setting or support setting.  These same prints slice quickly, with no issues for Makerware and print out fine on the makerbot at work.

3 - Prints that slice but have issues.  Meaning the gcode file is generated and the preview looks good but the print is not right. I sometimes get very thin roof or floor despite thick wall settings or the print comes out looking like one of the belt axis has slipped and the print shifts over a few mm partway through (everything is nice and tight on the printer and this isn't a consistent issue so I'm assuming slicing software is doing this as opposed to something mechanical).

I love the construction of the DittoPro and feel it is far superior to the MakerBot that we have at work.  So far my only disappointment has been the slicing software.  I'm about to buy a DittoPro for us here at work but I'm on the fence because of the slicing software.  If someone has an excellent alternate solution, I wouldn't be on the fence anymore.

François Lahey

Dec 14, 2015, 4:01:15 PM12/14/15
to 3d...@googlegroups.com
Hi Lisa,

Warning: Tinkerine Printer should be used with Tinkerine Slicer and I'm not responsible for any damage to your printer... just sharing my settings.

Cura 15.04.02

Machines -> Add new Machine -> Other -> Custom ->

Name: Ditto PRO
Machine Width: 220
Machine Depth: 165
Machine Height: 220
Nozzle Size: 0.35
HeatBed: NOT
Rostock Center: NOT

Finish

**** CRITICAL CHANGE : Tools -> Check PRINT ALL AT ONCE ***
**** NEVER PRINT ONE AT A TIME ****

Load Profile: (See file attached)

PS Never use more than 1mm retraction as well even if Cura pretend 4.5mm seems to be fine with all machine (They talk about remote feeder like UM or Airwolf3D)

Regards,
François

DittoPRO_3DPrinterOS_CURA.ini

John Biehler

Dec 14, 2015, 4:18:10 PM12/14/15
to 3d...@googlegroups.com
Hi Lisa.

At the recent 3D604 meetup, Tinkerine showed off their new slicing software which is coming soon. It's much faster and based on Cura.

What computer are you using with your current slicer? I'm using a 3+ year old Mac and it's been fine for me.

Lisa M

Dec 14, 2015, 4:48:10 PM12/14/15
to 3D604
Thanks Francois and John.

I'm using a PC with Windows 7.  I'm glad Tinkerine is working on a better slicer.

Francois thanks for the settings.  My DittoPro is still under warrantee and I had forgotten to think about that and using any other slicing software with the machine.

I think I will wait for the new Tinkerine Suite.

Lisa

Eugene Suyu

Dec 14, 2015, 5:59:05 PM12/14/15
to 3D604
Lisa,

If you want to send me an email, I can connect you with our software team. We are about to select a few external beta testers for the new Tinkerine Suite and it wont void your warranty! I would love it for you to test out the software and give us some thoughts and feedback.

Kimball Andersen

Dec 15, 2015, 2:29:14 PM12/15/15
to 3D604
I had to use a ditto pro once at a workshop I ran, and I immediately ditched the tinkerine suite in favor of Repetier Host and Slic3r.  This was mostly due to my own preference for this software, but it worked fine.  You just need to make sure to configure the slicer properly.

One other note, I have heard that the stock firmware on the tinkerine is also rather outdated.  If you don't mind voiding warranty etc.  try installing Repetier firmware.  It is much better, supports more features (better accel management, jerk).