Intro to 3D Printing Workshop: April 26th @ Vivo Arts

John Biehler

Apr 22, 2016, 5:26:47 PM4/22/16
to 3D604
I get asked daily about workshops for 3D printing....specifically for beginners. So I've finally put something together and they are coming up at Vivo Arts in Vancouver.

This may not be necessary for some of you here but in case you have friends/family/etc. that want to get started in 3DP, this may be appropriate for them. I'm also going to cover choosing a printer in a very crowded market.

There are a few spots left for the next workshop next Tuesday night (April 26). There will be another one in May (date TBD).

Here's the workshop description:

Interested in 3D printing but don’t know where to start? Not sure how it could fit into your design projects? Overwhelmed by the choices out there when choosing a printer to purchase?

3D Printing expert, John Biehler will explain the principles behind 3d printing, how to get started and help you make an informed decision about getting into 3D printing. Using presentation materials, printed samples and a variety of different printers, John will show you how to get started in designing for 3D, the materials available to use (it’s not just plastic!) and the costs of printing. He will also explain the differences between consumer (desktop) printers and the various industrial processes available to you.

Who should attend: Artists, designers, hobbyists.

Prerequisites: None

You can register here.