local source for cooling fans

Edward Simpson

Oct 6, 2015, 11:29:06 PM10/6/15
to 3D604
Hi again,
I'm looking to add a couple of deck/hot-end fans to my Kossel, does anyone have a suggestion on a local (in Vancouver area) source? I'm looking for 40 mm 12 V ones that would work with a RAMPs board.

Edward

François Lahey

Oct 6, 2015, 11:31:20 PM10/6/15
to 3d...@googlegroups.com

Rob Hall

Oct 6, 2015, 11:37:00 PM10/6/15
to 3d...@googlegroups.com

Smi carries a good selection of fans
Another choice if your in Vancouver id's maybe some older computer fans from freegeek

Rob Hall

Oct 6, 2015, 11:37:40 PM10/6/15
to 3d...@googlegroups.com

Rp or lees electronics should have as well

On Oct 6, 2015 8:29 PM, "Edward Simpson" <r2a...@gmail.com> wrote:

Nick Wimpney

Oct 7, 2015, 4:46:19 AM10/7/15
to 3d...@googlegroups.com

or computer shops.  40mm aren't the most common,  but I bet NCIX has them.

Julian Rendell

Oct 7, 2015, 1:49:42 PM10/7/15
to 3d...@googlegroups.com
Memory Express (in Richmond) has/had a few choices in stock.

Lee’s is always worth checking - I’ve had some luck checking by email or phone for specific items, as they’re getting new stuff all the time.

Anyone know of a local source for blower fans? Or for 30mm fans as used on the E3D hotends?

Julian

Nick Wimpney

Oct 7, 2015, 2:31:01 PM10/7/15
to 3d...@googlegroups.com
If you don't mind really loud ones, I'm sure I could bring a couple to the next meetup as well.  They're kind of thick ones, intended for 1u rackmount servers.

John Biehler

Oct 7, 2015, 2:34:10 PM10/7/15
to 3d...@googlegroups.com
Speaking of meetups...we need to have one soon!