anyone have an El-Cheapo laser attachment for their 3d printer?

gdeconto

Feb 27, 2015, 1:40:56 PM2/27/15
to 3d...@googlegroups.com

I got one for mine as something to play with, and hope to set it up soon

Just wondering if anyone in the group had one.  If so, do you have any hints/advice on using it or setting it up?

thx

Lance Burrows

Feb 27, 2015, 2:07:23 PM2/27/15
to 3d...@googlegroups.com

I found this blog interesting.  You might too.  He put the El-Cheapo on a printrbot simple metal.

http://polakiumengineering.org/1000-portable-3d-printer-laser-cutter/

John Biehler

Feb 27, 2015, 3:38:17 PM2/27/15
to 3d...@googlegroups.com
Hmm...I'm very intrigued by that blog post...might have to consider this upgrade for one of my printers.

Tiago Santos

Feb 27, 2015, 8:59:58 PM2/27/15
to 3d...@googlegroups.com
I hate to be "that" guy, but.. Be very careful with lasers! Even a 2W laser can cause serious damage to your eyes VERY quickly. Not trying to discourage anyone, but pleeeeease be scared, be terrified, be respectful and be safe :)