Call for interest: Vancouver Maker Faire June 6-7, 2015

John Biehler

Feb 2, 2015, 6:42:30 PM2/2/15
to 3d...@googlegroups.com
Just testing the waters to see if there is interest from enough people to do another 3d printer village at this years Maker Faire.

It requires people being available and able to bring their printer(s) to the PNE Forum for June 6-7th (Saturday/Sunday) for the duration. Load in occurs the day before and can be done later in the day/evening. Ideally everyone would be setup and ready to go Friday night for the weekend. We pack up and leave Sunday afternoon around 6pm.

Like last year, I'll propose that we get a booth that allows us to sell prints and the booth costs will be split amongst those that come out. Last year it was $20 a person.

Let me know if you're interested in coming this year. I'll close this down in about a week and if there is enough interest, I'll submit the application.

Max Hynes

Feb 2, 2015, 6:58:37 PM2/2/15
to 3d...@googlegroups.com
Il be coming, Im usually free when the maker faire is going on.

Message has been deleted

Graeme Bennett

Feb 3, 2015, 1:18:36 PM2/3/15
to 3d...@googlegroups.com
I'm in. Last year's show was a blast!

On Monday, February 2, 2015 at 3:42:30 PM UTC-8, John Biehler wrote:
[...]

theglasairpilot

Mar 14, 2015, 9:55:54 PM3/14/15
to 3d...@googlegroups.com
I'll be there. It should be a great time to show off our " Production model of our Evolution Printer"

John Grindon CEO

3D Evolution printer Inc.

Kimball Andersen

Mar 15, 2015, 9:58:09 PM3/15/15
to 3d...@googlegroups.com
I am curious what the status of this is. I may be able to participate, my schedule is still a bit tentative that far out, but I would like to be a part of it.

Nick Wimpney

Mar 16, 2015, 4:31:48 AM3/16/15
to 3d...@googlegroups.com

I am a maybe on this one.  I will almost definitely be there,  but I might end up doing something else besides printers.   I 'd say 50/50

On 15 Mar 2015 18:58, "Kimball Andersen" <pyrop...@gmail.com> wrote:
I am curious what the status of this is. I may be able to participate, my schedule is still a bit tentative that far out, but I would like to be a part of it.

John Biehler

Mar 16, 2015, 11:01:19 AM3/16/15
to 3d...@googlegroups.com
I've submitted for a group table for 3D604 like last year. I've been talking with the MF organizers as well about table configuration.

The next step is to get confirmation from MF that we're in and then pay for the booth.

I'm happy to have everyone that's interested join our table...but it is getting full based on the people that have put their hands up.

Also the deadline for submissions was yesterday (not sure if they will extend) in case anyone wants to do their own thing.

kburr

Mar 22, 2015, 1:46:46 AM3/22/15
to 3d...@googlegroups.com
This year might be the first year for me that I don't think I'll be setup there. I would love to pop in and see a village there though.

Simon Smith

Mar 23, 2015, 10:11:22 PM3/23/15
to 3d...@googlegroups.com
We (IdEA from SFU) would be interested in showcasing our printers and some of our cool student projects!

John Biehler

Mar 23, 2015, 10:15:22 PM3/23/15
to 3d...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Simon & everyone...I'll be following up once the next stage of process begins with the MF coordinators.

Dan Steele

Mar 26, 2015, 1:03:41 PM3/26/15
to 3d...@googlegroups.com
Just in case you don't have me down already please add me to the list.

Dan.