Questions about 3D Printing.

Justin Salinas

Mar 29, 2014, 10:10:51 PM3/29/14
to 3d...@googlegroups.com
Hello, my name is Justin, and I attended your 3D Printing Demo at Richmond Public Library- Brighouse. I just had a few questions for 3D Printing. This will go on a presentation and if you have any questions, email me at justinlancesalinas*AT*gmail*DOT*com. Okay, so here are the questions: (Oh yeah, and if you could add detail to them, not just say, yes, or no, without saying a reason.)

-First, let's get to know you.

-How do you think 3D Printing will change the world?

-Due to 3D Printing, what do you think will happen to factories? Do you think that the factories will use 3D Printing?

-What is the best thing about working about 3D604?

-Were you into art at the time? How do you think that your talent(s) have influenced where you are today?

-How does it feel to blow the minds of humans, watching a spool of nylon that costs $50 turn into a box, a mouse, a game, a dice, or anything you can think of?

-Where do you think 3D604 will go next?

-Has 3D604 been featured? Have you sold any 3D Products to any companies?

-Do you think that 3D604 will become a larger company?

-Last one, I promise: What are your tips for kids and people in general who want to get to know 3D objects and to work at 3D604 or other 3D Printing companies?

Thanks for taking the time to answer these questions. Again, if you have any questions, direct them to me (Justin) at justinlancesalinas *AT* gmail *DOT* com.

Graeme Bennett

Mar 30, 2014, 4:45:55 PM3/30/14
to 3d...@googlegroups.com
Hey Justin, thanks for attending. 3D604 is not a company -- it's a group of about 230 3D printing enthusiasts who share information and help each other build and maintain their printers, and keep their machines working at peak performance.

I do believe that 3D printing has enormous potential to be a disruptive force across a wide range of industries; I very much enjoy the new artistic and design opportunities it presents -- and I'm particularly interested in the kinds of designs that would be very difficult or impossible to produce using traditional techniques. But the technologies are applicable to a huge range of industries and interests including fashion, architecture, limited-run manufacturing, engineering, product and prototype design, to name just a few...

The things that amazes me most about 3D printing is the enormous range of designs that are freely available for download from Thingiverse.com, the sketchup.google.com/3dwarehouse, and other sources. They are a great place to start.

Then, download SketchUp from www.sketchup.com and grab the free "STL" extension, and before you know it, you'll be designing and 3D printing your own designs!

Justin Salinas

Mar 30, 2014, 5:22:21 PM3/30/14
to 3d...@googlegroups.com
Thank you so much for taking the time for answering my questions. You will help me get an extra credit mark!

Cheers, Justin

-Justin S.

Follow me on Twitter! Click here to be redirected to my page! (@MrJustinSalinas, if this link doesn't work for you) (It will be opened in a new tab/window)

Ask me a question on my Ask.fm account! Click here to be redirected to my page! (It will be opened in a new tab/window)

Remember, you can always email me! Click here to email me!