Huge Thanks to Tinkerines

Rob McInnis

Apr 3, 2014, 3:35:30 AM4/3/14
to 3d...@googlegroups.com
Hey guys i Just picked up a Ditto from Eugene over at Tinkerine Studio.

im on my second print as i type this, I love it the quality on medium is amazing much much much better then my prusa with a jhead.
Now i have something i can make good parts to fix issues with my prusa and make all my airplane and RC parts.

Ill update this thread as i do prints and bring any thoughts i have forward on the printer.

John Biehler

Apr 3, 2014, 11:09:42 AM4/3/14
to 3d...@googlegroups.com
Great to hear Rob! Post some photos!

Josh Haywood

Apr 3, 2014, 12:59:38 PM4/3/14
to 3d...@googlegroups.com
Hey Guys,

I'm wondering if any one has access to a CNC that can cut a 1.5mm thick
piece of copper.

I'm making a custom designed power distribution board, I just need a one
off at first. I have the design Cad'd up and I can export in DWF.
The part consists of 2 circles 60mm in diameter with 4 ears and a few holes.

If anyone could help me out that would be GREAT!

Regards,
Josh Haywood

Loial Otter

Apr 3, 2014, 4:22:16 PM4/3/14
to 3d...@googlegroups.com
I have access to a machine like that. What kind of timeline do you have. How large is the object (probably not an issue as the machine I can use is 8'x4')

Rob McInnis

Apr 3, 2014, 6:25:36 PM4/3/14
to 3d...@googlegroups.com

The 2 rods are a labyrinth that keys down came out perfectly not tight but no real slop

Eugene Suyu

Apr 4, 2014, 9:23:30 PM4/4/14
to 3d...@googlegroups.com
Rob, I'm pleased to hear you are putting it to hard work right away!

Rob McInnis

Apr 16, 2014, 4:20:00 PM4/16/14
to 3d...@googlegroups.com

This is a print i just completed after 3 partial prints to get dimensions right this is a direct drive extruder with a nema 17 stepper motor it is a lever style tension arm used the idea off my ditto, credit where it is due, the head is easily removed by 2 set screws to unclog jams or any other work, the arm rolls on 2 thrust bearings out of a blade 400 heli to allow for smooth articulation just need to pick up a 633 bearing and it will be ready, still have to print a sled for it though.