Event Invitation - Port Moody Library Curiosity Fair

mashdown

Jan 14, 2016, 7:31:08 PM1/14/16
to 3D604
Hello there!

I'm Maryn Ashdown, the Programs Coordinator for the Port Moody Library. On Saturday March 5th, we're hosting a Curiosity Fair - a celebration of science and tech aimed at inspiring people of all ages to be curious about the world around them. I'm wondering if anyone from this group would consider attending to demo a 3D printer in action? The format would be quite similar to our Retro Tech Fair from 2015, where we featured a very engaging gentleman from this group (I'm so sorry, I forget his name). We have so many library customers who are curious about 3D printing and its implications, and want to find out more about how it works, and how it might be used in manufacturing processes and people's lives.

If this event is outside the scope of what people would consider dropping in to, can anyone recommend another place where we might look for someone who can demo 3D printing for the public, and speak knowledgeably about its evolution?

Thanks!

Maryn Ashdown

Kimball Andersen

Jan 15, 2016, 4:34:24 PM1/15/16
to 3D604
Hi Maryn,

I would be happy to participate in your event, it sounds like a lot of fun.  I can bring at least one 3D printer, as well as an assortment of 3D printed objects and other mechatronic projects to demonstrate.

Kimball

PS: will contact you directly to provide more information, work out details.

maryn ashdown

Jan 15, 2016, 5:23:57 PM1/15/16
to 3d...@googlegroups.com

That sounds great, and thank you very much! I'm looking forwards to connecting with you.

Cheers,

Maryn Ashdown