Testing the Meetup.com waters...

John Biehler

Jul 26, 2015, 5:59:39 PM7/26/15
to 3D604

Starting in September, we'll get back to regular meetings in person...the summer is always difficult to get people to come out.

Have been thinking about using Meetup.com for 3D604 meetings to better track rsvp's and such....as well as to help folks find us since many use Meetup as their search for get togethers, especially those new to the area.

But since Meetup costs ~$20/month, I'm wondering what everyone thinks about these scenarios:

  • pass the hat at the meeting to pay for the Meetup fees
  • let a sponsor pay the fee in exchange for a small message at the bottom of the meetup event "This event sponsors by Vendor X"
  • don't bother with meetup.com
Reply here with your thoughts. If you're a potential sponsor (ideally someone that sells some kind of 3DP related product or service but doesn't have to be), would you be interested in doing this?

Nick Wimpney

Jul 27, 2015, 12:40:43 AM7/27/15
to 3d...@googlegroups.com

I can't really see bothering when it costs that much.   the mailing list seems to work.  If we just need counts of people, etc, we could just make rules that we rsvp.

Francois Lahey

Jul 27, 2015, 9:27:56 AM7/27/15
to 3d...@googlegroups.com

Voxel Factory would sometimes sponsor a meetup :-)

Regards,

François Lahey

Jul 28, 2015, 10:45:52 PM7/28/15
to 3D604, jo...@johnbiehler.com
VHS is finding some success with Meetup and spreading the word, so I suggest trying a few months.

Also I could sponsor the odd one as well.

Rob Hall

Jul 28, 2015, 10:50:16 PM7/28/15
to 3d...@googlegroups.com

I put a couple of bucks in but I probably will have better luck making it to a in person meet up than on line

Daniel DeGagne

Jul 29, 2015, 3:38:42 PM7/29/15
to 3D604, bron...@gmail.com
Meetup isn't an online meetup its a place to advertise your groups and any planned meets they might be having. Whether online or in person.