Tinkerine is moving sale!

Eugene Suyu

Mar 27, 2014, 2:56:12 AM3/27/14
to 3d...@googlegroups.com
Hey guys,

Well it has come that we are moving..into Vancouver. We've got a ton of stuff to sell, so lets start with a few simple things. (I think some of these will get lost in transit somewhere otherwise)

Jheads 1.75mm version - $40/ea ( I think I got like...15-20pcs)
GT2 28teeth pulleys - $10/ea (too many to count)
3mm Filament is all on sale I think we have too many - $25/ea

Pickup at our current location. I think we have 2 more weeks until we move, i should have done this earlier. I'll add things to this post as we go. but please Email me what you want!

Julian Rendell

Mar 27, 2014, 5:53:45 AM3/27/14
to 3d...@googlegroups.com
Exciting for us in Vancouver (and dangerous to at least my wallet :) )

Which version of the j-head design are they?
Are they built or a kit, and does that include thermistor and heating element?

I've also seen some listed around the web mentioning a different hole size for newer thermistors (the original type has become obsolete?) Are your ones to this new spec?

I did try to look this up on your site but couldn't find the listing.

Good luck with the move!

Julian

Gerald Orban

Mar 27, 2014, 12:12:05 PM3/27/14
to 3d...@googlegroups.com
Congrats on the move! Looking forward to popping by once in a while to see what's going on :)

Eugene Suyu

Mar 27, 2014, 4:33:32 PM3/27/14
to 3d...@googlegroups.com
Julian,

This Jhead version is a little special, Brian at hotends.com custom made alot of the aspects, added a setscrew for the heater block to hold in a heater cartridge, and customized the length.

It is a MKV- BV. but a bit longer.

They are built by Brian at hotends.com and come with thermistor, and heater resistor. Heater cartridge could be an option as well.

I think brian at one point wanted to move towards a smaller thermistor that he had sourced. The ones we have use the same 100K thermistor the rest of the world uses.

Gerald - Doors are always open when someone is there so come on by!

Tiago Santos

Mar 27, 2014, 4:56:20 PM3/27/14
to 3d...@googlegroups.com
I'd like to grab one of those jhead hotends, but probably won't get a chance to head out to the current Tinkerine location before the move (that's out in Langley, isn't it?..)

If anyone in Vancouver/Burnaby is heading out that way, I'd gladly give you a couple bucks to help with gas if you can pick one up for me :)

Julian Rendell

Mar 28, 2014, 1:56:20 AM3/28/14
to 3d...@googlegroups.com
Hi Tiago/other interested folks interested in the Tinkerines sale-

I'm so frustrated with my printer right now (I can coax one item out of it which I'm really pleased with.... and then it'll break the PTFE tube at the start of the next print) and so obsessed with it (intermittent reinforcement at it's worst ;-)) that I'm considering taking tomorrow off and driving out to Langley- I've convinced myself that the hotend is the problem.

This is assuming I can get a street address and confirmation someone will be at Tinkerine later in the day by the time I'm usually heading in to work, and there aren't any emergencies at work; but we're not in a release crunch right now, so I can probably do it.

So if there's something you want and can see a way we could meet to exchange goods for their cost next week (work downtown, live in Richmond, hope to drop by the RPL demo between 2 and 3 this Saturday) I'd be happy to pick something up for you.  Email me directly by ~10:30am tomorrow and I'll get back to you promptly if I am out that way.  I've only made it to one 3d604 meetup, so that's probably not an option.

Julian

Graeme Bennett

Mar 28, 2014, 12:26:14 PM3/28/14
to 3d...@googlegroups.com, Judy Prange
I will buy three Jheads. I'm busy doing the 3D printer demo in Richmond on Saturday. Any chance someone will be at your office on Sunday? If not, can you please hold them for me for a few days?

Julian Rendell

Mar 28, 2014, 12:34:10 PM3/28/14
to 3d...@googlegroups.com, Judy Prange
Hi Graeme - I'm heading out to see Eugene this morning and plan to visit RPL on Saturday (2-3?). Let me know if you want me to be courier for you :)

Julian

Derek P

Apr 1, 2014, 2:37:12 PM4/1/14
to 3d...@googlegroups.com
Can I get a couple of J Heads?, I can pick them up.

Eugene Suyu

Apr 4, 2014, 9:24:17 PM4/4/14
to 3d...@googlegroups.com
derek at this point we have 1 more jhead left!