[OT] For the Birds...

Kurt at VR-FX

Mar 6, 2019, 1:20:16 AM3/6/19
to 3D Printing Tips and Tricks
OK,  so - Yup, this is Officially Off-topic! Well, kinda...

Nope - its NOT a 3D Printed Bird - its Me with a new Friend at my New
Job - as we are doing a Selfie together - and He Agreed its OK that I
took the pic. Seriously - he did NOT Squawk at the chance to be on camera!

Now - that being said...

Yes - its me at my new job - a Bird Hotel!

I interviewed last week with the owner woman. And, I told her about a
lot of my 3DP endeavors. Now, folks now about the Enable project, and
also stories of dogs, duck - and, I think it was a sheep in a Chase bank
commercial - with a 3DP prosthetic. Well, turns out - there is a Parrot
with a deformed foot. And, she spoke to me about 3DP'ing a plastic foot.
Cool - right?

Should I do it?? Of course! Would it end up being News Worthy if it
worked? Absolutely!!!

-K-

0305191125.jpg

tray

Mar 6, 2019, 6:48:25 AM3/6/19
to 3D Printing Tips and Tricks
Sounds like that job is for the birds! :) Congratulations

Kurt at VR-FX

Mar 6, 2019, 9:51:30 AM3/6/19
to 3d-printing-...@googlegroups.com

That it is! You Stole the words right outta my mouth!

:-)

-K-

Steven Butterfield

Mar 6, 2019, 12:54:24 PM3/6/19
to 3D Printing Tips and Tricks
3d printed animal prosthetics. Very cool job. Congrats on the new job Kurt!

Kurt Wendt

Mar 6, 2019, 2:07:52 PM3/6/19
to Steven Butterfield, 3D Printing Tips and Tricks
Actually, no, the actual job is feeding birds and cleaning cages!
Prosthetic is only potential side project...

Nick Hall

Mar 7, 2019, 3:59:10 AM3/7/19
to 3D Printing Tips and Tricks
That's awesome! Can't wait to see the end results!

Kurt at VRFX

Apr 3, 2019, 1:14:57 AM4/3/19
to 3d-printing-...@googlegroups.com

I'm really Overdue to post more pics from the Bird Hotel! So - I'm going to reply from my Cell phone w/more pics!

-K-

On 3/6/2019 10:30 AM, Kurt Wendt wrote:
Actually, no, the actual job is feeding birds and cleaning cages!
Prosthetic is only potential side project...

Kurt Wendt

Apr 3, 2019, 1:22:58 AM4/3/19
to 3d-printing-...@googlegroups.com
The white bird, today, as I was trying to clean its cage, or feed it, it decided it wanted to come out. And it literally got on my hand cleaned up my arm then literally curls up on my chest and Cuddles up under my chin! It's pretty cute!

The little gray guy, he's kind of my best friend at the hotel! He's always dying for attention, and he insists on hanging out with me! He does a funny thing where he puts my finger in his mouth, licks my fingertip, pulls back, leans over, then shoves the back of his head or neck against my fingertip. He's incredibly friendly, and incredibly cool!

And, last but not least, this incredible looking bluebird is a new customer at the hotel! This is a $15,000 bird, and yet is so friendly and I was petting its head, and it's really big, and it's really incredible looking! Needless to say, it's even more incredible in person.

-K-

0402190912b.jpg
0330191304e.jpg
0330191028a.jpg

Nick Hall

Apr 3, 2019, 6:01:58 AM4/3/19
to 3D Printing Tips and Tricks
That bluebird looks gorgeous! Only question left now is how long until your transformation into a pirate is complete?

Kurt Wendt

Apr 3, 2019, 8:58:54 AM4/3/19
to Nick Hall, 3D Printing Tips and Tricks
Nice - maybe I will have to 3D Print a Parrot for that!!!

:-)
-K-

RanchRifle

Apr 4, 2019, 2:36:58 PM4/4/19
to 3D Printing Tips and Tricks

RanchRifle

Apr 4, 2019, 2:37:23 PM4/4/19
to 3D Printing Tips and Tricks
I have always liked this sketch.

Kurt at VRFX

Apr 4, 2019, 11:16:04 PM4/4/19
to 3d-printing-...@googlegroups.com

Good Stuff! I do remember the sketch. Am tempted to send this email to one of my co-workers, and he Does have a sense of humor. FYI - I'm the ONLY One working there who does NOT own a bird. This co-worker I speak of, young 19 year old dude - he has a little bitty bird - and a big Macau - and he goes to the part with his Macau. Too bad I never got a chance to hang out with him in the park with his bird!

-K-

Kurt Wendt

Apr 4, 2019, 11:24:44 PM4/4/19
to 3d-printing-...@googlegroups.com
Also, I made yet another new friend today!

0404190944e.jpg

TobyCWood

Apr 5, 2019, 12:56:35 AM4/5/19
to 3D Printing Tips and Tricks
Lets see who gets this...

I got my Duet3D board today. I opened the box and guess what? No parrot!

On Thursday, 4 April 2019 12:36:58 UTC-6, RanchRifle wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZw35VUBdzo

On Wednesday, 3 April 2019 06:58:54 UTC-6, vrfx wrote:
Nice - maybe I will have to 3D Print a Parrot for that!!!

:-)
-K-

Kurt Wendt

Apr 5, 2019, 1:14:25 AM4/5/19
to TobyCWood, 3D Printing Tips and Tricks
OMG - that's MOGG talk...

But - the bird is supposedly only supposed to come in the box when you order a...
What?

:-)
-K-

TobyCWood

Apr 5, 2019, 1:17:24 AM4/5/19
to 3D Printing Tips and Tricks
IIRC it was a Rep2

Kurt Wendt

Apr 5, 2019, 1:26:29 AM4/5/19
to TobyCWood, 3D Printing Tips and Tricks
I wasn't sure of the version, but I was pretty sure it was an MBI!

Nick Hall

Apr 5, 2019, 5:42:16 PM4/5/19
to 3D Printing Tips and Tricks
You have rekindled my love for exotic birds and now i want a parrot or Macau of some kind!!

RanchRifle

Apr 5, 2019, 5:49:11 PM4/5/19
to 3D Printing Tips and Tricks
I lived in Britain for a few years.  The phrase "exotic birds" brings something entirely different to mind.....

Nick Hall

Apr 6, 2019, 6:53:21 AM4/6/19
to 3D Printing Tips and Tricks
Hahahaha, quite right! Most 'exotic birds' of that nature come with significantly less plumage!