Erorr running hiccups

Yunjiang Qiu

Jun 29, 2016, 1:20:59 AM6/29/16
to 3D Genomics
Hi,

I just got an error below when running hiccups. It seems to be a problem only when I run in chr1 but not other chromosomes.

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: -1
at juicebox.tools.utils.juicer.hiccups.HiCCUPSUtils.calculateThresholdAndFDR(HiCCUPSUtils.java:535)
at juicebox.tools.clt.juicer.HiCCUPS.runHiccupsProcessing(HiCCUPS.java:455)
at juicebox.tools.clt.juicer.HiCCUPS.run(HiCCUPS.java:283)
at juicebox.tools.HiCTools.main(HiCTools.java:79)

Thank you very much!

Best,
Yunjiang

Muhammad Saad Shamim

Jun 29, 2016, 1:25:46 AM6/29/16
to Yunjiang Qiu, 3D Genomics
Hi Yunjiang,

Can you paste the command and parameters used?

Yunjiang Qiu

Jun 29, 2016, 1:54:55 AM6/29/16
to Muhammad Saad Shamim, 3D Genomics
Sure. Here is the command I used.

java -Djava.awt.headless=true -Djava.library.path=$$HOME/juicebox/native_launcher/natives/ -Xmx24576m -Xms24576m -jar $HOME/.local/bin/juicebox_tools.jar hiccups -c chr1 test.hic test.chr1.hiccups_loops.txt

Muhammad Saad Shamim

Jun 29, 2016, 1:56:32 AM6/29/16
to Yunjiang Qiu, 3D Genomics
Can you try running with "-c 1" instead of "-c chr1"?
(I'll also add this to our bug list)

Muhammad Saad Shamim

Jun 29, 2016, 2:18:00 AM6/29/16
to Yunjiang Qiu, 3D Genomics
Actually my bad, that's not the bug.
Are you using a dedicated NVIDIA GPU?

Yunjiang Qiu

Jun 29, 2016, 2:22:50 AM6/29/16
to Muhammad Saad Shamim, 3D Genomics
I tried with 1 instead of chr1, and I got the same error.

Yes. I am using gpu nodes in a super computer.

I don’t think that it’s something wrong systematically, since I run hiccups for each chromosomes separately, and the error is only reported in chr1 while all other chromosomes are fine.

Muhammad Saad Shamim

Jun 29, 2016, 2:26:45 AM6/29/16
to Yunjiang Qiu, 3D Genomics
Do you get this bug when running without the -c flag? And do you encounter any issues when opening chr1 in Juicebox?

Yunjiang Qiu

Jun 29, 2016, 3:04:06 AM6/29/16
to Muhammad Saad Shamim, 3D Genomics
I run without -c first, but I still got the same error.

Chr1 looks totally fine in juicebox, and I tried to dump chr1 matrix, it is also fine. I also attached a picture for chr1.

Best,
Yunjiang
Message has been deleted

Muhammad Saad Shamim

Jun 29, 2016, 8:32:00 PM6/29/16
to Yunjiang Qiu, 3D Genomics
For reference, the newest jar is here:

On Wed, Jun 29, 2016 at 2:28 PM, Yunjiang Qiu <sere...@gmail.com> wrote:
It turned out to be problem of an old jar file. The bug is resolved in new jar file.