FTP server ?

Geoff - Spherical Visions

Jun 6, 2012, 9:58:43 AM6/6/12
to 360c...@googlegroups.com
Is the FTP server working ?  It appears to have disappeared from the net.

Calvin Jones

Jun 6, 2012, 11:10:00 PM6/6/12
to 360c...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
I am receiving "Connection attempt failed with"ECONNREFUSED - Connection refused by server"  Error: Could not connect to server.

what is up with the FTP server?

HighDesertView

Jun 7, 2012, 12:30:52 AM6/7/12
to 360c...@googlegroups.com
The web site itself seems to be back into its quantum state of up and down at the same time.

Marwan Abi Khalil

Jun 7, 2012, 4:17:32 AM6/7/12
to 360c...@googlegroups.com
Hello am still getting

Error: Could not connect to server

anything we should know about?

thanks

Elena Martínez - 360Cities

Jun 7, 2012, 4:59:23 AM6/7/12
to 360c...@googlegroups.com

Hello,

Thanks for letting us know this issue.

FTP server is working now properly.

Regards,

Elena

Marwan Abi Khalil

Jun 7, 2012, 5:00:52 AM6/7/12
to 360c...@googlegroups.com
It is :) thx

and welcome to 360cities :)

Geoff - Spherical Visions

Jun 7, 2012, 5:05:33 AM6/7/12
to 360c...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Elena, seems to be working OK again.

Elena Martínez - 360Cities

Jun 7, 2012, 5:31:17 AM6/7/12
to 360c...@googlegroups.com
You're welcome :)

Werner Joemann

Jun 7, 2012, 2:43:53 PM6/7/12
to 360c...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jan,
i alo have today uploaded a pano on the ftp server, error-free. Now it ist ther and will not be processd. It is not visible on my account. Jan, please check my account.
best regards
Werner Joemann

Marwan Abi Khalil

Jun 7, 2012, 3:22:00 PM6/7/12
to 360c...@googlegroups.com
one last question is the ftp server slow in accepting files? its taking forever! ( yes i have a very good connection)

Geoff - Spherical Visions

Jun 7, 2012, 4:48:17 PM6/7/12
to 360c...@googlegroups.com
Spoke to soon, its uploaded but not being processed :-(

My user ID: ftp_user_5
File name: SH1-nllwz8b.tif
File date: June 7 18:34
File size: 1,343,228kb
file still not processed by June 7 21:51

Marwan Abi Khalil

Jun 7, 2012, 7:43:51 PM6/7/12
to 360c...@googlegroups.com
yeah something happened again

Error: Could not connect to server

Roberto Ruiz

Jun 8, 2012, 12:21:43 AM6/8/12
to 360c...@googlegroups.com
I also have issues a couple of minutes ago... review status of my pano and is not in the list.
Pano Status.jpg

Elena Martínez - 360Cities

Jun 8, 2012, 3:10:57 AM6/8/12
to 360c...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the info! Our technical team is working on it.

I'll let you know when I have any info how is going.

Regards,

Elena

Elena Martínez - 360Cities

Jun 8, 2012, 3:41:19 AM6/8/12
to 360c...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

The processor of FTP panos has started to work, and it's working with all the panos that have been uploaded  and that were waiting.

So, you'll start to see your panos processed soon.

Marwan Abi Khalil

Jun 8, 2012, 11:47:16 AM6/8/12
to 360c...@googlegroups.com
Hello Elena and sorry to be posting alot here.

but the ftp server is very slow :(
Screen Shot 2012-06-08 at 6.30.17 PM.png

Geoff - Spherical Visions

Jun 8, 2012, 12:25:21 PM6/8/12
to 360c...@googlegroups.com
What sort of internet link do you have ?  That is very slow, but I know that the speed this morning was fine from the UK.  Have you tried pausing and restarting the upload ?

Marwan Abi Khalil

Jun 8, 2012, 12:35:20 PM6/8/12
to 360c...@googlegroups.com
Hello am using this

Account PlanDownload speed, Up toFree Monthly usageMonthly Fee (Excl. VAT)
512K512/128 Kbps3.0GB27$

am using filezilla there is no pausing in it i guess.

any advise?

Geoff - Spherical Visions

Jun 8, 2012, 3:21:29 PM6/8/12
to 360c...@googlegroups.com
Ah that might well be part of your problem your DOWNLOAD (from the internet to you) is only 512Kbps, hence if its an ADSL line (A=Asymmetric) your UPLOAD speed will be a lot less at the 128Kbps speed approx 12KBytes per second which isn't to far from your actual speed of 10.6KBps.

Jose Allan Maglasang

Jun 8, 2012, 9:01:24 PM6/8/12
to 360c...@googlegroups.com
I am using Filezilla to upload to 360cities.net panos of about 100 Mb each. My broadband connection here in the Philippines is about 1Mbps download and about 230Kbps upload.  It usually takes about 2 hours for me to upload 1 pano, but it's okay because I put 10 panos in queue in Filezilla and just leave Filezilla running.  After a day the upload will be completed.  But you need to have continuous broadband connection while the panos are uploading.  While you can "Pause" upload in Filezilla, you still need to have internet connection.  If you press "Pause" and turn off internet connection, you will have to start the upload all over again next time you connect to the internet and run Filezilla.

Jose Allan Maglasang

Jun 8, 2012, 9:28:28 PM6/8/12
to 360c...@googlegroups.com
Correction:  I launched Filezilla and found out that, indeed, there is no "Pause" there.  I sort of remember that there was a "Pause" button in the previous versions.

Marwan Abi Khalil

Jun 9, 2012, 12:49:14 AM6/9/12
to 360c...@googlegroups.com
thx Geoff i guess ur right, i will try from another link.. thnx

Geoff - Spherical Visions

Jun 9, 2012, 6:00:14 AM6/9/12
to 360c...@googlegroups.com
Might be worth investigating FireFTP its a Firefox Addon if you use Firefox, very capable FTP utility integrated into the the browser, your able to Cancel / and resume transfers, decide how many parallel transfers etc etc.