GE distortion problems and others

Tomasz Makarewicz

Nov 17, 2011, 6:17:04 AM11/17/11
to 360c...@googlegroups.com
I recently had few of my panos selected for GE but as you can see on the attached screenshots, it looks horrible!!!
1. in the nadir as well as zenith, you can see triangular tiles that don't match - there's also clearly visible vertical seam going from top to bottom
2. on some panos when you "look down" you'll get a huge black patch near nadir - WTF?! I don't use any logos in any of my panos!!!
3. when you zoom in to the location of the panorama, you can initially see round 360cities red logo, but then when you hoover your mouse over it, it splits into same round icon and red thumbnail - both with same title (see attached screenshot).

I took a lot of bloody effort for the panos to look seamless and they look like s**t in GE - seems as the GE guys screwed something up? Or could this be related to distortion problems in 360cities mentioned on the forums lately? Thing is they look good when viewed directly at 360cities.net
All those cases mentioned above are not limited to one pano - it's all panos selected for GE recently (see kmz file for location). I looked at the older panos in GE and the nadir tiling is barely visible, but this in my opinion is not acceptable!

Could you guys please investigate?

Thanks in advance.
GE distortion black patch.jpg
GE distortion nadir.jpg
GE distortion.jpg
GE double icon.jpg
Stirling Range.kmz

HighDesertView

Nov 17, 2011, 10:44:14 AM11/17/11
to 360c...@googlegroups.com
There's an ongoing discussion of the Google Earth problems here: