When can we group our panos with our own selections?

Carlos Chegado Lists

Aug 8, 2012, 10:45:16 AM8/8/12
to 360c...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

360cities is missing a very big feature which is to enable it's users to group a number of panos together and share it with whom ever we want using a group URL, call it whatever you want.

I know this has been discussed before, but seriously, how many more years do we have to wait for such a basic feature to appear?

I know you have "Portfolio View Mode" but that doesn't cut it, I want to be able to easily select what panos I want to group together and share that group only!!!

My best regards
Os melhores cumprimentos

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Carlos Chegado

NYC2012.org - The International Panoramic Photography Conference, New York City, June 13-16, 2012.

elena.martinez

Aug 9, 2012, 6:30:44 AM8/9/12
to 360c...@googlegroups.com
Hello Carlos,

Thanks a lot for the suggestion.
I forward it to 360Cities. I'll let you know any new information I'll have.

Best regards,

Elena

Carlos Chegado Lists

Aug 9, 2012, 6:54:39 AM8/9/12
to 360c...@googlegroups.com
Elena,

Thanks a lot for the suggestion.
I forward it to 360Cities. I'll let you know any new information I'll have.

Before your reply in a way which looks like a canned answer to me, please take a couple minutes and search this 360cities group. You will see that many 360cities users besides me have already asked for this feature long ago.
It's not a question of forwarding this to the 360cities team, they already have that feature requested multiple times, unless this team is not the same anymore and the notes where lost in the swap!
I had suggested this years ago since 360cities came up with the failed virtual tours system based on maps that was too much trouble to use.

I am puzzled why is 360cities is deff to these very good suggestions and urgently needed features, even if you decide to launch this for Pros only, heck, we're paying for it right? Makes sense to me and to a lot of people to have this feature and the Portfolio View just doesn't cut it.

My best regards
Os melhores cumprimentos

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Carlos Chegado

NYC2012.org - The International Panoramic Photography Conference, New York City, June 13-16, 2012.

elena.martinez

Aug 14, 2012, 11:27:06 AM8/14/12
to 360c...@googlegroups.com
Hello Carlos,

First of all Google Groups set your post in the spam list. I really don't know why but as I'm a moderator of the group I've posted into the 360Cities community.

Yes,  maybe my reply sound like canned. But this answer it was just to let you know that I've red your post and that I forwarded the message to 360Cities team. Now, we have to discuss about it and take a decision. I'm sorry if you thought that your message wasn't take seriously, but we keep in mind all the suggestions and we discuss about them, and we really want to listen to all our users to improve our service.

So we're grateful to you.

Regards,

Elena

Greg Panayotou

Aug 14, 2012, 9:00:07 PM8/14/12
to 360c...@googlegroups.com
Hi there...

nearly OffTopic (but not that much), what is the actual RoadMap of 360cities ?
As a pro account holder, what can we expect in the (near?) future ?

Best Regards

Greg
www.direct2brain.com

Jeffrey

Aug 17, 2012, 9:10:16 AM8/17/12
to 360c...@googlegroups.com

Hi Everybody,

Allow me to step in and make a couple comments

of course we want to develop this "Sets" of panoramas feature. It is a good, and obvious, and cool, thing to have.  Until we DO have it:

Actually it is already possible to make a "Set" now, using the powerful functionality of tagging your panos. Remember,  you can give an infinite number of tags to a pano,
just give a unique tag to the panos you want to make a set
and then you can link to the search result page. For example, when I was in california, I had one set of panos that I made when I drove highway 1. And then another set of panos from the whole trip (including the drive on highway 1)
http://www.360cities.net/search/jeffhighway1drive2012
this is a bit of a hack, but it should give you some of the functionality you want.
additionally, note that the pano page only lists the first 6 tags. so you can even have "secret" tags that only you know about!

the easiest way for you to apply a tag to multiple panoramas is to use the "batch edit" feature http://www.360cities.net/account/batch
1. click all the panos you want to edit
2. select "Edit these images' texts" and click "edit"
3. click "Set texts for all panoramas"
4. write the tags you want and then click "apply"
5. click "save"

Peter Mad

Aug 31, 2012, 5:57:19 AM8/31/12
to 360c...@googlegroups.com
Jeff, Elena and other group members

sorry to be late in considering this important topic but I was out for some time.

The request/need for a functionality of "group", "Portfolio", etc. to offer to customers (that want to embed our photos/tours in their websites) is on the table of 360cities since more than a year (just look in the posts of this group).
It is a clear and recognized need for professional photographers (PRO or not) that sell their 360 Photos to customers for publication on web. Especially for those not connected to a web design company.
Flash is no longer an "easy" solution for such needs: just navigate with an IPAD and see how many sites cannot display ANY 360 Photo because they are all Flash dependent.
The users and web designers have to address today a variety of display devices, more end more complex to program for a proper 360 Photo display. This becomes a serious barrier/limitation to sell 360 Photos/Tours.
With rocketing sales of tablet/smartphone, the situation is getting every day more and more important,urgent.

So:
- 360cities is the biggest community and platform for 360 Photos
- 360cities platform displays 360 Photos already reasonably on different devices, including mobiles.
- 360cities wants to be a community both for professional photographers and for amateurs.
- 360cities business-oriented members are asking repeatedly for this functionality.
- 360Cities pro photographers (members) plan seriously their activities: customer sale/care/support as well as investments, including software development.
- 360cities is the natural provider of clean solutions of portfolio embedding for customers (and therefore for pro photographers) that want to insert 360 Photos in their websites but do not want to invest in web design.

How long do we have to wait for having such a functionality implemented in 360cities? Or do we have to invest by ourselves in a solution for our customers?
As GREG says above:
  "what is the actual RoadMap of 360cities" ... on this issue???

A reply would be welcome also to allow me to plan properly.
Best regards
Pietro

Roberto Ruiz

Sep 2, 2012, 11:10:27 PM9/2/12
to 360c...@googlegroups.com
I want to follow the answer...

elena.martinez

Sep 3, 2012, 6:52:04 AM9/3/12
to 360c...@googlegroups.com
Dear Peter,

Thanks for your considered reply and your thoughts. As I've written before, we plan to introduce the ability to make sets / albums as soon as possible - hopefully, we'll launch it this year but we cannot commit to development roadmaps.

We are absolutely committed to the thousands of expert contributors to 360cities.net and the hundreds of members who have invested in the PRO account. We are doing our utmost to provide:
  • An attractive and unique service
  • An unparalleled network of distribution partners that promote our rapidly growing community
  • Licensing opportunities with corporate clients, which means money for the creators of the panoramas
Please note that we cannot guarantee that all customers will be satisfied with the features that we develop as part of sets / albums, or any of our other features for that matter. Individual customers have individual requirements and we at 360Cities cannot meet all of them.

Regards,

Elena

reinaldo...@gmail.com

Sep 3, 2012, 5:45:43 AM9/3/12
to 360c...@googlegroups.com
Hola amigo hablas español?

Enviado desde mi BlackBerry de Movistar

From: Roberto Ruiz <proyectos...@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 2 Sep 2012 20:10:27 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: When can we group our panos with our own selections?

Peter Mad

Sep 3, 2012, 1:51:27 PM9/3/12
to 360c...@googlegroups.com
Dear Elena
thx for your reply. I appreciate it with its contents.

Nevertheless, there is a large gap between a commitment to a roadmap and a hope that something will happen. For 360Photo amateurs the difference might be of little relevance. For pro it is substantial.
In particular now: the overall "360, VR, pano, immersive ..."  activity/industry was (and it is still now) sustantially based on Flash, whose funeral is already on the roadmap and in some cases (IOS) it has been already celebrated. This endangers many 360 business existing and potentials.

Of course I might be wrong. But if my view is correct, in the 360 business there is an urgent need for a serious device-independent platform.
And I insist on this in this forum, because I think that 360cities is in the ideal position to provide (profitably) such platform at least in a reasonably general form.
After this, of course there will be a number of detailed requests, more or less justified, by customers and photographers. But this will be the second act of this story ... let's start the first act ASAP.

Thx again for your attention and for your friendly support. My best rgds.
Pietro
PS: Reinaldo if your question was addressed to me, unfortunately I don't speak spanish.

elena.martinez

Sep 7, 2012, 5:33:26 AM9/7/12
to 360c...@googlegroups.com
Hello Peter,

Again, 360Citites appreciate your suggestions and we are listening all of them. Your opinion helps us to improve our platform and services.

Kind regards,

Elena