Some suggestions

Сергей Метик

Jul 20, 2015, 4:42:33 AM7/20/15
to 360c...@googlegroups.com

I want to share some thoughts on how to improve the design of the new site.

1. The azimuth is displayed in increments of only 1 degree. Of course, this does not matter for interior panoramas or panoramas with a small resolution. I take a high-resolution panoramas - 30,000 x 15,000 pixels. This is 83 pixels by one degree horizontally. On the screen the error can reach 1 - 2 centimeters. To say nothing about gigapixel panoramas in which the price of division in 1 degree is quite insufficient. Is it possible to make the input of azimuth within hundredths or even thousandths of a degree? For example, 254.75. For it has been able to put a precise direction.

2. The way to input azimuth using a rotating rumba is not very convenient. It would be good to provide input values ​​of azimuth from the keyboard. Better yet, with maximum zoom to center the panorama on the object with known coordinates and enter the coordinates and not the azimuth. Value of the azimuth will be automatically calculated from two known points with exhaustive precision. It would be useful to provide the calculation of the azimuth on the sun position and time for those cases when there is no clear guidance area (in the desert, for example) and azimuth accuracy does not play a special role. So accuracy can be obtained of approximately 0.5 - 1 degree.

3. The coverage sector in the lower left corner is displayed incorrectly. Maybe for confusing with the northern and southern hemisphere?

4. Panoramas show on the author page is inconvenient. It was better previously. I think it should be displayed by tens (or sets the number - 20, 50, 100) panoramas of equal size and have the paging access. I have published 448 panoramas. To find some it’s necessary to press ALL (448) and to do a long search among a huge list. Moreover, no names, no shooting date.

5. And again, it’s necessary to raise the issue of displaying satellite image and terrain sector review on it while watching the panorama, as it was earlier.

Sincerely,

Metik Sergey.

Elena Martínez - 360Cities

Jul 23, 2015, 10:27:17 AM7/23/15
to 360Cities Community, si...@rambler.ru, si...@rambler.ru
Hello Metik,

Thanks a lot for your suggestions, we really appreciate them!

We need to investigate and discuss them. I'll be back to you as soon as we have an answer/explanation for each of your suggestion. As we are during the holiday season it may take longer than usual.

Best regards,
Elena

Elena Martínez - 360Cities

Aug 5, 2015, 6:28:23 AM8/5/15
to 360Cities Community, si...@rambler.ru
Hello Metik,

First of all my apologies for this late response. We are in the holiday season and it takes a bit longer to discuss every thing.

1. We can’t implement that at the moment but we keep your idea in mind for the future changes we’ll do in the account pages.

2. We are going to implement this idea. We’ll allow to photographers to set the panorama heading whether manual (by typing them) or by rotating the panorama. The automatically calculation of the azimuth is not going to be possible to implement.

3. We just launched a new feature for the compass, please check it: http://blog.360cities.net/new-compass-feature/

4. The new redesign of the account pages set an infinite scrolling to show all the panos of the photographer. If you mouse over the thumbnails, you’ll see each pano title. You can always use the search function to find any of your panoramas by title or tags.

5. We are not sure if you are talking about the panorama component (map above the panorama) or about the map which was available on the heading edit page before. Can you please confirm this?

Thanks a lot for all your suggestions and ideas. They really help us to improve our service. Thanks!!

Сергей Метик

Aug 5, 2015, 8:26:29 AM8/5/15
to 360Cities Community, si...@rambler.ru
Hello, Elena!
Very glad to see the compass with right orientation. Thanks!
Under item 5, I had in mind the possibility of the division of the viewing area on the panorama and satellite image of the surface with the field of view displayed on it as it was before.
For clarity, I illustrate the thought with the attached picture. Is it possible to do like that?
The map which was available on the heading edit page before would also be useful.

Sincerely,

Metik Sergey

среда, 5 августа 2015 г., 15:28:23 UTC+5 пользователь Elena Martínez - 360Cities написал:
panoscreen.jpg

Elena Martínez - 360Cities

Aug 5, 2015, 11:04:53 AM8/5/15
to 360Cities Community, si...@rambler.ru
Hello Metik,

We removed the previous map with the field of view displayed because the plug-in doesn't work any more. I am not sure if there is any plug-in we can use for that function. Anyway, we keep your ideas (and other photographers' ideas) in a doc. They are really useful for us and we appreciate them!

Have a nice day!

Elena

Erik Krause

Aug 23, 2015, 9:32:36 AM8/23/15
to 360c...@googlegroups.com
Am 20.07.2015 um 10:42 schrieb Сергей Метик:
> It would be useful to provide the calculation of the
> azimuth on the sun position and time for those cases when there is no clear
> guidance area (in the desert, for example) and azimuth accuracy does not
> play a special role.

If your image has valid EXIF time and GPS data (will be read by
360cities) this is already possible using a shell script and wolfram alpha:
http://erik-krause.de/ttt/#wolfram%20alpha%20azimuth
(Windows, Mac and Linux)

Erik Krause

Elena Martínez - 360Cities

Aug 25, 2015, 7:08:09 AM8/25/15
to 360Cities Community
Thanks a lot for your comment Erik!!

We have implemented the a new feature for the heading > now you can type the heading degrees.

Regards,
Elena