Pano not selected

Tim Cooper

Nov 24, 2015, 2:08:26 PM11/24/15
to 360Cities Community
Hello

I have a panorama at

Can you tell me why it is not selected for 360Cities and/or Google Earth?

Thank you
Tim Cooper
2015-11-24T19:08

Mark Fink

Nov 24, 2015, 2:35:30 PM11/24/15
to 360c...@googlegroups.com
My guess is that it is because there is a person featured prominently in the image.

Mark

Mark Fink
Step Into A Virtual World

Nov 24, 2015, 6:15:31 PM11/24/15
to 360Cities Community
From the 360Cities Help Guide:
"These panoramas will NOT be selected for Google Earth:
Family, personal or posed shots. Generally, panoramas with people will not be selected unless the people are an unavoidable part of the location.
..."

There are also some obvious stitching errors (railings). You might be able to fix these with some manual tweaking in the stitching program.

Tim Cooper

Nov 25, 2015, 3:15:40 AM11/25/15
to 360Cities Community
Ok I understand the advice about the railings, but what about

Not a complaint but does seem inconsistent.

Daniel Oi

Nov 25, 2015, 5:44:58 AM11/25/15
to 360Cities Community
The rules about people don't apply to 360Cities but only Google Earth. Is the pano on Google Earth? I've fallen afoul of this, e.g. https://www.360cities.net/image/singapore-esplanade-outdoor-theatreb was rejected for Google Earth.

As for why yours wasn't selected for 360Cities, I'm not entirely sure. If you fix the railings then I don't see why it shouldn't be selected for 360Cities.

Elena Martínez - 360Cities

Nov 26, 2015, 4:33:11 AM11/26/15
to 360Cities Community
Hello Tim, Mark and Daniel,

This panorama: http://www.360cities.net/image/artist-at-his-studio#345.08,3.01,70.0 is selected for 360Cities but not for Google Earth (it's an interior and it's a posed shot).

Tim, your panorama is not selected for 360Cities because it has some stitching errors:

I hope you can fix those errors and upload a new version of your panorama (you can use the swap feature).

Regards,
Elena