My panorama has not been selected for Google Earth

Dimitris Sotiriou

Sep 3, 2015, 4:08:56 PM9/3/15
to 360Cities Community

I was wondering why my panorama has not been selected for Google Earth. Can you give me any reason?

gmitzner at googlemail.com

Sep 4, 2015, 2:05:00 AM9/4/15
to 360Cities Community
Hi Dimitris,
it would be helpful to post a link to the mentioned panorama.
Generally, GE will not select cylindrical panos...but let us see what you are talking about.

Kind regards
Gunnar

Dimitris Sotiriou

Sep 4, 2015, 2:35:31 AM9/4/15
to 360Cities Community
Sorry I thought you could find it since I have only one posted.
This is it.

https://www.360cities.net/image/delvinaki

gmitzner at googlemail.com

Sep 4, 2015, 3:07:30 AM9/4/15
to 360Cities Community
Thanks Dimitris,
FIRST: this is a beautiful-one ! Congratulations, I couldn`t do it like you did ! (maybe you have fun in retouching the ZENIT a little more ;-) )
It surely meets the criteria in respect of resolution, full-sphere and stitching quality, but maybe they do not accept aerials ?
Or did you publish it currently ? Sometimes it takes quite a while until review is done.

If you do not find a solution I recommend to DELETE it und re-publish it again...maybe a new review in GE will be done.
Kind regards
Gunnar

Elena Martínez - 360Cities

Sep 8, 2015, 7:18:23 AM9/8/15
to 360Cities Community
Hello Dimitris,

Your panorama wasn't selected for 360Cities and for Google Earth because of its zenith: http://www.360cities.net/image/delvinaki#-314.94,-90.00,70.0

The 360Cities requirements say: No holes or black areas in the sky or distorted or badly retouched sky (zenith)

Please, try to edit the zenith and upload your panorama again. You can use the swap function: https://www.360cities.net/help/replacing-swapping-panorama-with-new

I encourage you to report your issues or questions in the new 360Cities support tool "Feedback and online Help Desk" > http://support.360cities.net/
We ensure all your questions and reports will be answered within 24 hours. Please, find more info in our blog post: http://blog.360cities.net/new-feedback-and-online-help-desk-for-photographers/

Regards,
Elena

Dimitris Sotiriou

Sep 8, 2015, 1:14:23 PM9/8/15
to 360c...@googlegroups.com
Elena,

Thank you for your reply.
If I swap my panorama with an edited one will I retain the views number the old one had or the numbering will start from beginning?
How fast will the updated panorama be available for people to see it? (i don't mean reviewed, just available to people).

Regards,

Dimitris Sotiriou

Elena Martínez - 360Cities

Sep 9, 2015, 7:13:06 AM9/9/15
to 360Cities Community
Hello Dimitris,

Yes, the swapped panoramas will retain the number of views as well as all the metadata.

It usually takes some minutes for the new one to appear. If you can't see it after a while, please clean your browser's cache.

Regards,
Elena
To unsubscribe from this group and all its topics, send an email to 360cities+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.