Three images not accepted

Merle Layden

Jul 2, 2012, 10:32:29 AM7/2/12
to 360c...@googlegroups.com

eric belin

Jul 2, 2012, 11:53:11 AM7/2/12
to 360c...@googlegroups.com
Hi
 I can't get the first pano .
 for the others , i see a problem with nadir and zenith .
friendly
Eric

elena.martinez

Jul 2, 2012, 3:52:41 PM7/2/12
to 360c...@googlegroups.com
Hello Merle,

As Eric has written, there is a problem at the zenith. As you can read in our 360Cities "Requirements for panoramas published on 360Cities" one of the requierements is "no holes or black areas in the sky or distorted or badly retouched sky (zenith)".

You can read all the requirements on http://help.360cities.net/uploaded-panorama-requirements

Regards,

Elena

Merle Layden

Jul 4, 2012, 6:45:26 PM7/4/12
to 360c...@googlegroups.com
I see very little if any difference at the zenith from one accepted earlier  http://www.360cities.net/image/park-overlooking-acropolis#193.60,-7.60,70.0 .  How do you fix a zenith that has no reference points, that is no clouds or trees and only bright sunlight that by definition results in a bright line leading to the zenith?  If there is a trick or two in dealing with these situations, I would appreciate knowing.

Thanks,

Merle

Jose Allan Maglasang

Jul 5, 2012, 3:44:44 AM7/5/12
to 360c...@googlegroups.com
Hi Merle:

I think the zenith can easily be corrected by Photoshop's Spot Healing Brush, Healing Brush and Patch Tool.  The nadir is quite huge and can could be tricky using the same tools.

Geoff - Spherical Visions

Jul 5, 2012, 5:52:54 AM7/5/12
to 360c...@googlegroups.com
Have you tried taking Zenith and Nadir shots ?  In a couple of those images the Nadir looks like its been stretched, and the stitching is poor probably because of a poor NPP position. If you take a Nadir shot you can include it in the stitching which then avoids having to stretch the image to give a equirectagular image.

WHT

Jul 8, 2012, 2:59:18 PM7/8/12
to 360c...@googlegroups.com
Hey, it looks to me that your panoramas are not complete. That happens when some part of the pano is missing. In your case probably the nadir is not complete. You've probably cropped the tripod part in Photoshop or alike and now pano is not in 2:1 proportion. Check the size of the picture and if the width in pixels divided by 2 is not equal to height - it's surely the reason why.

Example:

width/2=height
8972/2=4486

Hope this helps.