Is bluebox defunct?

Giuliano

Jan 27, 2012, 11:27:03 AM1/27/12
to 2600h...@googlegroups.com
Hi guys. Just to know if the development of Bluebox is defunct. Is it?
I tried many times to get some help to debug various issues, writing on IRC channel and on jira then
on atlassian. No response at all.
If Bluebox is going to be abandoned due to the new whistle project, please tell us.
I really don't know quite nothing about whistle, but i consider bluebox a great software and I'm
really interested in working with it and, if possible, to help it's growing.
Otherwise, if bluebox developers are still interested in bluebox growing, please can anyone point me
in the right direction to have contact with them?

Hope to get an answer :) Thanks

giuliano

Andrew Nagy

Jan 27, 2012, 11:33:39 AM1/27/12
to 2600h...@googlegroups.com
Hello

Bluebox is in no way dead. I would instead say that its had slow growth (as can be seen on the github project site). Jon from 2600hz recently committed a few changed and Jort from Australia has just updated endpoint manager and feature codes.

Why do you believe the project is defunct?

Also I would say that whistle and bluebox, while similar, are not the same projects and therefore people haven't just moved on.

Asking here is always a good way to get questions answered.

Sent from my iPhone

Darren Schreiber

Jan 27, 2012, 11:46:55 AM1/27/12
to 2600h...@googlegroups.com
Hi Giuliano,
It's definitely not dead. I don't see any other posts in this forum but this one from you?

Blue.box is not abandoned - j-dev (Jon Blanton) has been helping maintain it, jaybee is contributing to it pretty regularly as is Rob Hutton. The reality is most people who are using it seem to be in a stable mode so I think people post about it less. Andrew Nagy has also been keeping the provisioner up to date.

There are a few open/known issues we keep hearing about, that seem to include:
- Some issue with the ISO on first boot
- CDRs not recording properly for calls on multi-tenant systems in the GUI (they record to the cdr-csv fine in FreeSWITCH)
- No user portal
- Confusion on contexts
- Voicemail viewer is still broken

Outside of that I think we've just gotten lazy with the tickets on blue.box in JIRA. I'll see if I can't go clean them up - lots of issues listed there are already fixed.

Is there something specific that you are concerned with? This is the list to use to contact developers.

Also, I scanned the #2600hz logs but don't see any unanswered questions for bluebox...

- Darren

Giuliano

Jan 27, 2012, 12:01:32 PM1/27/12
to 2600h...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for you quick reply. So happy to hear bluebox is not dead. If you say this is the correct
channel to point issues, I'll try here.
Thank you again
giuliano

Darren Schreiber