DAX Error - Class not registered

trn

Dec 29, 2006, 12:48:30 PM12/29/06
I keep getting the error message "DAX Error - Class not registered" when I
open Outlook Express.
If I click "OK", then OE opens normally.

After Googling, all I can find are programming-related sites, nothing that
will help me fix this.
For example http://www.delphi32.com/info_facts/faq/faq_127.asp tells me that
I need to have DBCLIENT.DLL on the client, and it needs to be registered,
but I don't even know what that means. I mean I've heard of DLLs, and know
it stands for "dynamic link library", but that's the extent of my knowledge.

Today I uninstalled the trial version of NOD32 anti-virus and also installed
the new version of Windows Defender -- could either of those result in this
error message?

Any ideas how to fix this?

why?

Dec 29, 2006, 2:25:29 PM12/29/06

On Fri, 29 Dec 2006 17:48:30 -0000, trn wrote:

>I keep getting the error message "DAX Error - Class not registered" when I
>open Outlook Express.
>If I click "OK", then OE opens normally.
>
>After Googling, all I can find are programming-related sites, nothing that
>will help me fix this.

Ah, but did you

a) try, adding outook to the search

http://www.google.com/search?q=DAX+Error+-+Class+not+registered+outlook
leading to
Microsoft Dynamics AX (DAX)The COM Class Wrapper Wizard is a great
utility in DAX 4.01 which helps you create COM ... We often get this MS
Outlook prompt when we send email from AX. ...
http://daxguy.blogspot.com/ - 93k - 28 Dec 2006 - Cached - Similar pages

p2p.wrox.com: Archives - vb_howto archive for January 2002Moving emails
from inbox to another folder in outlook using Visual Basic, "fred"
<ian.jowett@b. ... DAX ERROR - Library Not Registered AND ERROR 50003
http://p2p.wrox.com/archive/vb_howto/2002-01/ - 28k - Cached - Similar
pages

b) install any apps / utils that use Delphi.

>For example http://www.delphi32.com/info_facts/faq/faq_127.asp tells me that
>I need to have DBCLIENT.DLL on the client, and it needs to be registered,
>but I don't even know what that means. I mean I've heard of DLLs, and know
>it stands for "dynamic link library", but that's the extent of my knowledge.

What is register a DLL all about.

www.google.com , register dll
http://www.google.com/search?q=register+dll
Try reading

really short and to the point -
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customization/RegisterDLL.htm
command line -
http://www.ss64.com/nt/regsvr32.html
with a picture -
http://consumer.installshield.com/kb.asp?id=Q108199
a MS KB article -
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/198038

>Today I uninstalled the trial version of NOD32 anti-virus and also installed
>the new version of Windows Defender -- could either of those result in this
>error message?

With DLLs you never know.

>Any ideas how to fix this?

No, you will need to know when it started, after what action - update -
patch - reinstall - uninstall happened.

Me

trn

Jan 2, 2007, 12:38:42 PM1/2/07